dlbass93 VIP
Total posts: 44
13 Apr 2013 08:42

I just bought Cobalt last night, and I love it :D. I have already almost got it completely set up for what I need. However, I cannot figure out an easy way to disable a few default fields/items in the frontend Article List View that I am using. I don't need to show the Rating, Avatar, Created By, Category, Created, Changed, or C B V F H. I only need to show fields that I created in my 'form' and the Title.

I think I found that you can edit the template to remove the unwanted fields, but I wanted to make sure that is the only way to do it before I go and break it.

I struck through in red the parts I don't need.

Thanks,

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Apr 2013 19:58

Hi Derrick,

general default infos can be hidden in:

YourSection -> Tab General Parameters -> Templates

Click on the little gear icon to edit your template i.e. "default"

This opens a lightbox window with all available templates parameters.

On the left hand you can also select and hide certain** fields**** (on this particular template/view)

Scroll down... you will find most of your unwanted infos under Record Elements. Just turn them OFF.

****** an alternative and global way to hide/show your fields:

YourType -> Manage fields -> Edit YourFieldName -> General Properties

Show intro (no/yes) (toggles visibility on your list view)

Show full (no/yes) (toggles visibility on your full details view)

Heads-up:

Both settings have no influence on your advanced search and filters. If you need a field in filters, just set enable filter to YES. If you have multiple views/templates... and one view should display field-A ... and the other should hide field-A ... you should use the template parameters mentioned above.

dlbass93 VIP
Total posts: 44
13 Apr 2013 20:26

Hey pepperstreet,

You are awesome! I had tried over and over to find it, but I was overlooking something very important, which you pointed out.

Once in YourSection **-> Tab **General Parameters -> Templates **, I had to set **Record List to default, then I was able to edit the template! I had been editing the Markup Layout template, and that was only allowing me to hide icons.

Thanks again, this problem is solved!