matcorrao VIP
Total posts: 83
19 Oct 2012 20:20

Hello Guys,

I've found that when editing an article, the category selection is not remembered in the form and I have to select it again. I've tried with all category templates you provide (default, autocomplete, smart, menu).

When I edit the article, the category should be kept, otherwise I have to select category each time I edit the article, right?

Can you please take a look?

Thanks,

Matias

Hidden text

PS: Print attached

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

21 Oct 2012 02:34

Could you try this behavior with one of the standard templates from Cobalt? Currently we observe such behavior only on this site.

matcorrao VIP
21 Oct 2012 21:24

Hi Ekaterina,

I've been always using default Cobalt templates for form submission and category select (see attached file).

I even tried switching temporarily to Beez General Template to see if it was sth related to my template, but it happens the same (with Beez).

Regards,

Matias

developer
Total posts: 20
22 Oct 2012 06:21

HI,

There is no bug. The matter is you set your type params Submission settings so that you can add records to section. And in category select element you see not only categories but the section also. When you select section and save record - the record belongs to the section. and if you edit article again Section name would not be selected, only categories.

matcorrao VIP
22 Oct 2012 16:34

Thanks Alfiya, I created a new category and disallowed section sumission and everything worked OK.

Best,

Matias