boniaditya
Total posts: 2
02 Dec 2012 20:19

Since Cobalt has Mighty resources as its predecessor i would like to know if it extends joomla core content or over rides it. The last time i saw mighty resources is not compatible with joomla core, but i also saw that Cobalt has been rewritten from scratch to be joomla 2.5 native and i would like to know if it has been made compatible and one more question "is cobalt 7 capable of placing a single article in multiple categories?"

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
02 Dec 2012 20:51

There are 2 types of Joomla CCKs.

1. Based and extend on Joomla core content

2. With own structure

We cannot say which is right and which is wrong. Both are right. It is just different way to go. And both have advantages and disadvantages.I will not list them here but we believe that there are much more advantages when CCK is build with its own structure.

The answer is - Cobalt has its own table to store articles and that is the part of why it so Awesome.

But it accepts all Joomla content plugins and can apply them to HTML field.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
03 Dec 2012 12:58

is cobalt 7 capable of placing a single article in multiple categories?

Certainly it is. Therefor it needs his own category structure and logic. Joomla core simply can´t do that!

boniaditya
Total posts: 2
08 Dec 2012 22:40

It is important that i know this because i have tried seblod and flexi content because they are compatible with the joomla core components and almost all other extensions but when i removed them. They broke down the all the menus and categories. I had to rebuild all of them, open all the categories and menu items and save them or else i was unable to create a new article!

I want to know if such problems exist with cobalt 7 if it interferes with the core in any way!

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Dec 2012 23:06

I want to know if such problems exist with cobalt 7 if it interferes with the core in any way!

It does not interferes with Core content. You can build section and then delete it and it will not affect any core Joomla articles. But also there will not be any articles created. It means that if you delete Cobalt section you lose all articles in it.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Feb 2013 07:46

HOW is this possible? I needed that function of putting one article in more than one category!

Simply create your section/category structure. Create as many categories and subcategories as you need.

Edit Your-Cobalt-Content-Type -> Submission Parameters -> Categories Behavior

There you will find the important basic settings i.e.:

Who can select category: ACL/usergroup who can see the category selection!

Allow section root submission: No/Yes (self-explanatory, optional)

Allow multiple category select Yes

Maximum number of multi categories (self-explanatory, optional)

Additionally, you can set further restrictions in "Category Limit". (optional)