Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
22 Apr 2015 06:15

Hi,

currently only the following information is printed as description in the PayPal invoice:

<subscription plan> [<subscription group>]

Which in my case is insufficient. I would like to add extra info just like the fields that can already be included in the email template ([ORDER_ID], [START], [END, etc.]).

Could you also tell me which php file is responsible for sending the PayPal data?

Best regards, Jeff

Last Modified: 27 Apr 2015

Jeff VIP
23 Apr 2015 01:18

I found the file: /components/com_emerald/library/gateways/paypal/paypal.php

This line is responsible for the item name/description:

$param['item_name'] = $name;

Now I have to figure out to add some extra subscription data to this line.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Apr 2015 04:07

You cannot add start and end there because it only adds those dates on success activation. Since activation sometimes may take long time, and start date is set immediately, user lose some time of subscription. For short subscriptions it might be crusial.

Order ID is $subscription->id;

Jeff VIP
23 Apr 2015 04:37

Sergey You cannot add start and end there because it only adds those dates on success activation. Since activation sometimes may take long time, and start date is set immediately, user lose some time of subscription. For short subscriptions it might be crusial.

That makes sense.

Sergey Order ID is $subscription->id;

Is this equal to the id column of the emerald_subscriptions table?

Sergey
23 Apr 2015 08:18

Jeff Is this equal to the id column of the emerald_subscriptions table?

Yes.

Jeff VIP
23 Apr 2015 08:45

Oh, but I need gateway_id, which is the same id used in the Last Subscriptions list and email confirmation.

Sergey
27 Apr 2015 04:58

Then, it is the same for gateway_id. How we can add PayPal transaction ID in description of transaction that has not been made?