Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
03 Oct 2014 03:08

Hi,

in order to let Cobalt sort by a custom date field, I have set one date field to override the creation date.

This custom date field however, has in a lot of cases an older date than the actual creation date. In my application I want to display the actual creation date of a record, but since this is overridden by the custom date I end up with creation dates like 100 years ago.

I have noticed in the database that there's a column in js_res_record named inittime. This column represents the actual creation date of a record.

How can I display this date in a record?

Best regards, Jeff

Last Modified: 06 Oct 2014

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
03 Oct 2014 10:34
$item->inittime;

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
03 Oct 2014 15:24

Jeff I have noticed in the database that there's a column in js_res_record named inittime. This column represents the actual creation date of a record.

Lucky guy! Glad to hear that someone else recognize the importance of that additional date. Took me quite some time and many posts to convince Sergey :D ;)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
03 Oct 2014 15:28

Konstantin $item->inittime;

Maybe all default templates should get a respective parameter!?

Jeff VIP
03 Oct 2014 23:26

Thanks Konstatin, how simple can live be :-)

Jeff VIP
03 Oct 2014 23:28

pepperstreet Lucky guy! Glad to hear that someone else recognize the importance of that additional date. Took me quite some time and many posts to convince Sergey :D ;)

Sorry to hear that, pepperstreet. I guess I am lucky... but that means now you're lucky too! ;-)

Jeff VIP
03 Oct 2014 23:29

pepperstreet Maybe all default templates should get a respective parameter!?

+1

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 Oct 2014 02:46

pepperstreet

Maybe all default templates should get a respective parameter!?

It should. And it will :)