Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
25 Jul 2014 02:31

Hi Sergey,

how can I override the views that are not selectable as a template in Cobalt? I would like to change some default.php files and some other pages that are not in the list of selectable templates.

Best regards, Jeff

Last Modified: 26 Jul 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Jul 2014 03:24

As standart Joomla template overrides. Create com_cobal in html folder of the template and so on.

Jeff VIP
25 Jul 2014 03:47

Ah ok, I'll give it a try

btw. Quick response! :-)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Jul 2014 14:41

Jeff how can I override the views that are not selectable as a template in Cobalt? I would like to change some default.php files and some other pages that are not in the list of selectable templates.

BTW, since J!3.2 you are able to create overrides in the template manager. Somewhat hidden, but you can even manage files and edit them... See docs under heading "Creating Overrides".

Headsup: Clicking on one layout/views folder, creates a complete override with all included files. So, this is not the best way to create certain single overrides. Because you would have to go back to editor tab, and remove unwanted files and folders. But it can be a timesaver... when you work online, or want to make quick edits.

Jeff VIP
26 Jul 2014 02:11

BTW, since J!3.2 you are able to create overrides in the template manager. Somewhat hidden, but you can even manage files and edit them... See docs under heading "Creating Overrides".

Thanks, pepperstreet. I am aware of that.

I find overriding components a bit complicated at times, when the folder structure gets deeper. It's surprising how terrible I am in certain tasks while excelling in others....

I really appreciate your involvement in this community. As designers alike, we share the same ideas most of the times :-)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Jul 2014 03:36

Jeff It's surprising how terrible I am in certain tasks while excelling in others....

Ditto for me ;)

I really appreciate your involvement in this community. As designers alike, we share the same ideas most of the times :-)

and... ditto :D