Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
21 Jul 2014 03:17

Hi,

I am puzzled with this issue for quite a while now and it seems that the current autocomplete field is not always giving the desired results.

For example: if you fill in Douglas, Isle of Man it does show up in the autocomplete list, but the field city remains empty. Ergo, Douglas as city isn't saved.

Another example: If you select London in the autocomplete field, London,London is saved as city instead of London

To verify this issue, I tried the same input on: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/places-autocomplete-addressform where both Douglas and London are represented correctly in the city field.

I hope this issue will be solved quicly, since I only use the autocomplete field as input for locations.

Best regards, Jeff

Last Modified: 22 Jul 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Jul 2014 04:59

That was because in Google example they get adress data from autocomplete object and I take it with geocoging. And geocoding of the same place found by autocomplte gave different result.

Also i added check for double values.

Jeff VIP
21 Jul 2014 06:34

Ok, that explains it. But how can these issues be fixed?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Jul 2014 12:58

i have fixed that. And updated the field.

Jeff VIP
22 Jul 2014 02:04

Hi Sergey

so you have fixed:

For example: if you fill in Douglas, Isle of Man it does show up in the autocomplete list, but the field city remains empty. Ergo, Douglas as city isn't saved.

AND:

Another example: If you select London in the autocomplete field, London,London is saved as city instead of London

Teardrop in my eye

Jeff VIP
22 Jul 2014 02:10

Yes you did!

Crying curled up in a corner