Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
10 Jul 2013 22:58

Hi Sergey,

in an attempt to make the location input easier for an end user, I have disabled the map and marker input.

Despite filling in Country, State, City and Address, the location doesn't show up in the map list view. Is this by design or is this a bug?

Best regards,

Jeff

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
11 Jul 2013 08:48

I once had that problem, but when turning off "initialize position" it fixed.

Jeff VIP
11 Jul 2013 22:28

Thanks, stblink that worked!

But don't you think it is still a bug?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Jul 2013 05:38

It is by design. We do not show markers only by entered address. Geocoding is slow process and if you have 1000 markers and you have to geocode each it is not good. So you have to set lat/long parameters through marker position input.

Jeff VIP
12 Jul 2013 05:52

Ah ok, that makes sense for the list view.

Then I think we need a new solution for the geo location field

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Jul 2013 09:05

We do not show markers only by entered address. Geocoding is slow process and if you have 1000 markers and you have to geocode each it is not good. So you have to set lat/long parameters through marker position input.

What about a Batch GeoCoding in Cobalt Tools area? Last year I had to work with Nordmograph's CB extension... besides the automated and interactive method, he has an **optional batch tool **for normal addresses and existing profile data. Very handy, IMHO. Maybe you can modify it for Cobalt? JED link

Jeff VIP
12 Jul 2013 20:56

pepperstreet

What about a Batch GeoCoding in Cobalt Tools area?

I second that. A conversion tool is needed to convert old or even incomplete data.