cherosoullis VIP
Total posts: 165
08 Sep 2017 21:10

I am trying to create a multilanguage file. I have been searching in the forum for a long time but all links for help are broken.

I will try to use falang since I beleive is easier to impement. Am I right?

I have translated the sections and types using falang but I cannot find some string in joomla overwrite and I did not understand how to make the translation.

I want to translate templates etc. but the documentations is not sufficient to understand the process. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Last Modified: 22 Sep 2017

cherosoullis VIP
15 Sep 2017 02:03

Can you please help me?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Sep 2017 14:17

cherosoullis I will try to use falang since I beleive is easier to impement. Am I right?

I am not certain about this extension. Did not check it for so long. Cannot say for sure.

Have you read this?

cherosoullis VIP
21 Sep 2017 20:45

I have read this documentation. I want to have content so that if is not translated, to be shown in original language. That is why I prefer falang. Also there is no need to duplicate everything.

I have tested it and it seems ok. What I am concern is how to translate the templates. Is that possible? I don't know how to do that.

Thanks

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Sep 2017 11:20

cherosoullis I have tested it and it seems ok. What I am concern is how to translate the templates. Is that possible? I don't know how to do that.

This is also described in the same article.

In general all template parameters that contain text can act as a key. Foe example if you have text in the parameter field Created you can change it to TRL_CREATED and then add translation for this key to both languages. This works for almost everything. Even HTML fields and textarea.