cherosoullis VIP
Total posts: 165
10 Mar 2015 01:16

I am trying to use timeline for displaying records.

My date field also has time.

In time line the time that is shown is different than the one I have. In record detail view the time looks just fine.

Timeline.JPG

Detail View.JPG

Also in details view the day is on my language and on timeline is in engish. Can also this be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Last Modified: 20 Mar 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Mar 2015 02:13

I added some changes to Timeline template. Let's see if it will solve the issue. Also TimelineJS is not longer in development.

cherosoullis VIP
11 Mar 2015 19:24

I have also notice that I cannot remove the time.

Even if I choose only date for the timeline a date is entered by default.

Further more in case I want to add an anouncement without being shown on the timeline, it's still shown on timeline and it take the date as the date of record created. Is this the correct behaviour?

Sergey
12 Mar 2015 01:49

cherosoullis Even if I choose only date for the timeline a date is entered by default.

Where do you choose that?

cherosoullis Further more in case I want to add an anouncement without being shown on the timeline, it's still shown on timeline and it take the date as the date of record created. Is this the correct behaviour?

How you want it to be excluded? i mean why you think one article in section will be in timeline and why other woun't?

cherosoullis VIP
12 Mar 2015 18:14

Even if I choose only date in date field which is choosen for timeline template.

I want to have anouncements and activities. Anouncements don't need to be posted on timeline. I just want to display them in module.

Sergey
13 Mar 2015 00:46

cherosoullis I want to have anouncements and activities. Anouncements don't need to be posted on timeline. I just want to display them in module.

So those are different types right? I afraid you will have to have different section for those 2 types.

cherosoullis Even if I choose only date in date field which is choosen for timeline template.

this is how Timeline JS handles this. There is no parameter to skip time. Just set correct time for every date.

Was it changed after update?

cherosoullis VIP
13 Mar 2015 23:26

I have added this on productin site which is on a subdomain and get an error when I use timeline template. Config not found: /home/www/subdomain.Domain/components/com_cobalt/configs/default_list_timeline..json

I am guessing that this error happened because is a subdomain. Am I right?

Minti
Total posts: 35
14 Mar 2015 06:42

It isn't subdomain problem. First I have the same error message, now I get http 500 error. Timeline worked still the last template update.

I agree with above comments. I have some date with start and end. It's appear correctly (not now, but before last update). But if I set only start date the non exist end date also appear (with today date) in timeline view.

cherosoullis VIP
17 Mar 2015 00:02

I have installed an earlier version of templates and still get the same error.

That means that something else is wrong

Sergey
17 Mar 2015 07:50

cherosoullis I have added this on productin site which is on a subdomain and get an error when I use timeline template. Config not found: /home/www/subdomain.Domain/components/com_cobalt/configs/default_list_timeline..json

I am guessing that this error happened because is a subdomain. Am I right?

I think you have to upen ans save it's parameters again. It cannot find file with parameters.

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
17 Mar 2015 12:42

cherosoullis In time line the time that is shown is different than the one I have

Different time depend from timezone in joomla global settings, timeline template use this offset, date time field not. Use UTC for same time in field and in template.

Minti
Total posts: 35
18 Mar 2015 10:40

cherosoullis I have installed an earlier version of templates and still get the same error.> cherosoullis

Maybe. For me it was only temporaly, now I try again timeline view and seem to be work good.

But timeline time is still problem. I set in timeline view start and end date field. But I have lot of records which haven't got start or end (or maybe none of both) date. But the date appear with today day. It isn't good because show irrelevant results.

The following picture show the incorrect end date. This record hasn't got end date.

timeline-view

cherosoullis VIP
18 Mar 2015 22:03

Ok error is fixed. For somereason template was renamed and it could not be found

Sergey
20 Mar 2015 01:57

Lamile The following picture show the incorrect end date. This record hasn't got end date.

Expiration date will be added if article have expiration date in general.

cherosoullis Ok error is fixed. For somereason template was renamed and it could not be found

When you rename template, you have to also reselect it in Section configuration. Because section config still remembers the old name.