cherosoullis VIP
Total posts: 165
05 Aug 2013 01:47

Why not having Module Records as menu item?. That way I can add latest records at my homepage content and not as module.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Aug 2013 20:32

Actually, typical Joomla MenuItems are not for content listings with a certain sorting criteria. In general, it is a LINK to a component view. It does not list items by itself. That is always the purpose of a module...

**Workarounds / Alternatives:

A.) What type of J! template are you using? There are many template frameworks that also includes a menu, that supports modules! i.e. Yootheme WARP, RT Gantry, Joomlart T3, Gavick GAVERN, JoomlaBamboo.

B.) Also some other separate Menu-Extensions should have this ability. i.e. often called "Mega-Menus"

C.) Possibly, the NoNumber.nl extension "ModulesAnywhere" could help out. Did not try the latest pro version, but it might even work in J! menu items!?! But that might have an impact on your menu display and alignment.

pepperstreet VIP
05 Aug 2013 20:36

D.) I think, the 3rd-party Accordion menu by NextEndWeb.com can list Cobalt Items. The docs related to Cobalt are not updated, yet. But i know they added more parameters to it. Also some ordering options. (AFAIK)

pepperstreet VIP
05 Aug 2013 20:54

E.) Regarding A.) and a build-in menu with module loading...

you can easily create a J! menu override. Sorry, i just found a tutorial in german language here. It utilize the Separator Menu item, and looks for your module ID!