cherosoullis VIP
Total posts: 165
06 Apr 2013 10:24

Hello,

I was wandering if it is possible to have a field type HTML or another field which has the option to have a template format on it.

For example, I would like a field with predefined format a table or bullet points on each line change.

I hope this is clear.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Apr 2013 02:16

Not clear to me :) Do you mean that you want to style bullet list inside HTML filed differently than default bullet list anywhere else on your site?

cherosoullis VIP
08 Apr 2013 13:56

No :S . I want to build a catalogue. So I want all data entries to have similar layout. Since I want be the onlyone who enter the data in the cataloque, the layout of the records won't be the same.

In order to achieve the same look in every record of the cataloque, is to force somehow users to have a specific structure on data entry. You can see the picture attached herewith. I think is more clear on what I want to achieve.

Sergey
09 Apr 2013 05:33

Then you need to use CSS. Every field content will be surrounded to field## class. Use this as selector start.

cherosoullis VIP
09 Apr 2013 13:44

Thanks for the advice.

cherosoullis VIP
10 Apr 2013 16:46

I am trying to do it but because I am new to programming I haven't get figure this out. Can you please give me an example let's say for numbering?

Thanks in advance

Sergey
11 Apr 2013 04:56

For example you want to format UL for one field. Open this in firebug and see HTML structure. Every field have to have special class like class="field12" So look parent elements of that list for special class. Then use

.class12 UL LI {

list-style-type: decimal;

}