magj
Total posts: 2
25 Oct 2015 16:29

Hi

I'm totally new to cobalt world but I have used 5 other cck's on joomla world,

I'm planning to examine cobalt to switch to cobalt if it supports the following features. Does cobalt support the following?

-I need the users to enter some item type in frontend (a simple form with 5-6 simple fields) -The user is able to edit his/her own items. -Each item's author is shown in the list with the possiblity of linking to the user's profile page -The search should be exact match not a full and smart search, the items will not be shown to users until he search for them. i.e.: We have many item with a field value of: 12345 1234 123 When a user searches for '123' the other items with values of '12345' or '1234' should not be returned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Regards

Last Modified: 26 Oct 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Oct 2015 09:09

magj -I need the users to enter some item type in frontend (a simple form with 5-6 simple fields)

I do not get it clearly. But user can submit from frontend for sure.

magj -The user is able to edit his/her own items

Yep. Also he can hide, prolong when expired, feature is purchased, and so on..

magj -Each item's author is shown in the list with the possiblity of linking to the user's profile page

Every section in Cobalt have user personal homepage where all his items are shown. Also you might download and integrated Cobalt with Easy Profile and it will show user items from difefrent sections in one place.

magj -The search should be exact match not a full and smart search, the items will not be shown to users until he search for them. i.e.: We have many item with a field value of: 12345 1234 123 When a user searches for '123' the other items with values of '12345' or '1234' should not be returned.

We do have fulltext search in NATURAL LANGUGE mode. So wheny ou search for tables it searched for table too. You can also configure search to search with LIKE. Search allows to enter + or - like in google. Eg: tables -big -round.

But you have to know that FULLTEXT search algorithm is fully based on MySQL fulltext index. So it works like it works and we cannot adjust it much.

But unfortunately right now we have some issues with Cobalt - Joomla Smart Search plugin. Currently it is not working and I am not sure if I will be able to fix it. Originaly it was developed by other developer and I can berely understand Joomla Smart Search.

magj
Total posts: 2
26 Oct 2015 12:53

Thank you sergey for your kind help I'll continue to explore the world of Cobalt specially for the fact that it has such a great support.

Regards