brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
07 Mar 2015 21:24

Not sure if it is a bug or is designed this way. currently when you use the gallery template , you can only choose one picture field and one description field from only one type. The problem is if you have 3 different types submission for the same section, then pictures and description will not sbe shown on front end.

Here is the scenario:

you have section a. section a will be used for submitting type b, c and d. each type has same field name property pictures and description.

now in the gallery template , if you select property picture and description from type b, then on fronend on the section pagewill show all records, but only pictures and descriptions will be shown for type b. Other type c and d will have empty property pictures and description.

Designwise it is different than other templates. If I keep same field name all there types, then on the section page it pulls all fields and shown on frontend. Wondering how can it be different than other templates:

solution: like other templates, the gallery template should have multi selection of fields.

Can this be fixed?

Last Modified: 17 Mar 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Mar 2015 03:34

brianpat The problem is if you have 3 different types submission for the same section, then pictures and description will not sbe shown on front end.

I updated templates and it will show those fields id they are the same types and same name. After next release update templates pack.

08 Mar 2015 07:48

Sergey

brianpat The problem is if you have 3 different types submission for the same section, then pictures and description will not sbe shown on front end.

I updated templates and it will show those fields id they are the same types and same name. After next release update templates pack.

Thanks

brianpat VIP
12 Mar 2015 18:34

Sergey, I did not see any gallary update in todays release. Has it actually been released already? I need this very urgently.

Sergey
13 Mar 2015 04:04

Yes. It should be in new templates pack. As I stated

Sergey After next release update templates pack.

brianpat VIP
13 Mar 2015 14:37

Sergey Yes. It should be in new templates pack. As I stated

I do not see any new files for gallery pack. The file name is pack_cobalt.gallery(29dea3).j3.v.8.27.zip which is an old version.

Sergey
17 Mar 2015 07:43