brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
04 Feb 2015 14:45

Hi,

I am just wondering if we can able to integrate walkscore within cobalt. If walkscore not possible, can we generally use only google map to display neighbourhood location?

Last Modified: 19 Feb 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Feb 2015 03:42

What is walkscore?

YOu waht to show on the map none cobalt articles?

brianpat VIP
05 Feb 2015 09:04

Yes, non cobalt records but records of neighbourhood places.

Here is the link to walkscore. Most of real estate site has this integration.

https://www.walkscore.com/professional/neighborhood-map.php

This will show for example, nearest station, schools, hospital etc etc..

If we cant integrate this, would it be possible to get it through google map?

Sergey
09 Feb 2015 10:41

What would be the source of those places?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
09 Feb 2015 16:12

Sergey What would be the source of those places?

AFAIK, the places are generated on the records location.

• So, Cobalt's Address & Map field should supply the location data. If integration is done IN the field.
  • Or maybe a custom record template, where you construct the walkscore URL/API call with multiple Cobalt fields. Or from Geo field.

brianpat VIP
09 Feb 2015 20:42

That's correct. This is a must feature an I hope sergey will integrate this in cobalt at the earliest.

Sergey
10 Feb 2015 04:03

If coubalt is the source wht is the problem to show it now?

brianpat VIP
10 Feb 2015 09:29

Sergey If coubalt is the source wht is the problem to show it now?

Good question Sergey, the problem is its integration. This needs to be integrated within google map.Walkscore actually will give you some tracking code which needs to be integrated within google map.

I am just wondering if this can be achieved without walkscore, means with google map itself. Here is the scenario: you enter an advertisement with cobalt record with geo location. Now google map will automatically display nearest schools, nearest railway stations within 5km all directly from google map.

Sergey
10 Feb 2015 11:24

Cobalt can show list of articles on Google map.

brianpat nearest railway stations within 5km all directly from google map.

From or on google map?

In general if you have section with all station, schools, hospital etc etc.. then you can do that.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
10 Feb 2015 12:24

brianpat I am just wondering if this can be achieved without walkscore, means with google map itself.

Doesn't Google maps support "search nearby" with Places library Click here to link...

brianpat VIP
10 Feb 2015 15:25

Sergey From or on google map?

In general if you have section with all station, schools, hospital etc etc.. then you can do that.

On Google Map. Schools, stations and hospitals should come automatically from google map. I dont want record owner to input it on cobalt backend. I hope you understand what I want to achieve. I dont want information to store at cobalt backend, infact when you want for example hospital, it should search hospital within distance parameter and then retrieve that information from google and show it on google map. The only thing you need input to google map is post code and distance.

Please have a look at the walkscore website. https://www.walkscore.com/professional/neighborhood-map.php

The information on the above site is coming directly from google, information is not stored locally.

brianpat VIP
10 Feb 2015 15:26

klox7 Doesn't Google maps support "search nearby" with Places library Click here to link...

I am sure it is possible, but it will be easier for sergey to integrate this in google map.

Sergey
12 Feb 2015 05:08

klox7

brianpat I am just wondering if this can be achieved without walkscore, means with google map itself.

Doesn't Google maps support "search nearby" with Places library Click here to link...

So еру source of those places is not Cobalt but Google places DB? I am confused.

But in general Google map already shows alll near places on the map. And of course you can customize template to show it more explicitly.

brianpat On Google Map. Schools, stations and hospitals should come automatically from google map. I dont want record owner to input it on cobalt backend. I hope you understand what I want to achieve.

Now I think I understand better. That is exactly why my first question was

Sergey YOu waht to show on the map none cobalt articles?

And Google places are none cobalt articles.

klox7 VIP
12 Feb 2015 09:21

I think guys are talking about this...

Example:

I have a travel site with hotels that are Cobalt records. I go to one hotel and there is a map. And I want to know where can I go when I'm staying in this hotel. So there comes this search in geo field to search nearby places that are in Google Places DB.

Right?

brianpat VIP
12 Feb 2015 12:51

klox7 I have a travel site with hotels that are Cobalt records. I go to one hotel and there is a map. And I want to know where can I go when I'm staying in this hotel. So there comes this search in geo field to search nearby places that are in Google Places DB.

Right?

That is absolutely correct. This is a must feature.

brianpat VIP
12 Feb 2015 12:57

Sergey So еру source of those places is not Cobalt but Google places DB? I am confused.

Yes that is correct, the source is not from cobalt DB, but from google DB.

Sergey But in general Google map already shows alll near places on the map. And of course you can customize template to show it more explicitly.

Google map does not show unless you search for it. Google map shows everything, but user needs to have option what he wants to see.

The ideal way is to have checkboxes on the map, where users can select places and accordinglt the results will be shown. Here is an example of it: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/32610671?search_identifier=3faf0708d167ef6b5ea27cab034671b2#6JbwIkbV0PZ0H3uL.97

in the above link, click Map & Nearby tab.

I hope this clarifies.

In the cobalt backend we should have option to turn on or off

brianpat VIP
12 Feb 2015 14:53

I tried to implement walkscore, but it does not work.. can somebody help?

I created a groupd called Neighbourhood Maps and then in the record template I edited as below in line around 374:

<dl class="dl-horizontal fields-list fields-group<?php echo $i;?>">

<dt></dt>

<dd>

<script type='text/javascript'>

var ws_wsid = 'xxxxxxx';

var ws_address = '<?php echo $this->address;?>';

var ws_width = '700';

var ws_height = '540';

var ws_layout = 'horizontal';

var ws_hide_footer = 'true';

var ws_commute = 'true';

var ws_transit_score = 'true';

var ws_show_reviews = 'true';

var ws_map_modules = 'default';

var ws_no_link_info_bubbles = 'true';

var ws_no_link_score_description = 'true';

</script>

<style type='text/css'>#ws-walkscore-tile{position:relative;text-align:left}#ws-walkscore-tile *{float:none;}#ws-footer a,#ws-footer a:link{font:11px/14px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;margin-right:6px;white-space:nowrap;padding:0;color:#000;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}#ws-footer a:hover{color:#777;text-decoration:none}#ws-footer a:active{color:#b14900}

</style>

<div id='ws-walkscore-tile'></div>

<script type='text/javascript' src=' http://www.walkscore.com/tile/show-walkscore-tile.php '></script></dd>

</dl>

<?php group_end($this);?>

But it does not work.

Sergey
13 Feb 2015 04:42

Look nearby seach of places with Google API

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/places#place_search_requests

You have to modify geo field output template.

brianpat VIP
13 Feb 2015 09:01

Sergey: Would you please include this as a default feature in cobalt? I have very little php experience. Please help.

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2015 09:40

brianpat Sergey: Would you please include this as a default feature in cobalt? I have very little php experience. Please help.

+1

Sergey
16 Feb 2015 10:51

I could do that, but right now I am working on other things. Are you willing to sponsor this feature?