brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
01 Dec 2014 11:03

I have one quick question related to Searching fro 4 different sections for a realty site

Here is scenario: Please let me know if this is possible. If yes, how to do it?

We have got 4 sections section A, B, C and D

Each section has 2 different types

Each type has location as one of the field

Is it possible to have 4 tabs on one page where each tab is for each section

Tab 1 will be for Section A, Tab 2 for Section B, Tab 3 will be for Section C and finally Tab4 is for Section D

Each tab will have submit button

under each tab, we will have two fields, one is location and another is Number of Beds

User will choose tab abd enter location select bed then hit enter, then the result will be going directly to the respective secyion and show.

I am positive it is possible, but dont know how to do it. Please help

Last Modified: 02 Dec 2014

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
01 Dec 2014 13:32

Hmm, maybe you could try to create 4 filter modules, one for every section. You can then assign custom position in every module (custom position = position that is not in your template). Just manually enter position and save.

Let say your positions are: sectionA, sectionB, sectionC and sectionD.

Then you create another module, this time HTML module. In there you paste your code for tabs and positions. You can insert module positions like this { loadposition sectionA } - without spaces beside curly brackets.

When you are done just put this HTML module where you want to display it.

Hope it helps.

Regards

brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
01 Dec 2014 13:41

Thanks. But the issue here is overlapping and conflicting of geo field on one page. I am using location as geo field in all the four different sections. Though the name of these fields are different in these 4 sections, it is still giving issues because of same geo code will be called 4 times in the same page. It does not work.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
01 Dec 2014 18:33

brianpat Though the name of these fields are different in these 4 sections, it is still giving issues because of same geo code will be called 4 times in the same page. It does not work.

What's the problem? Map doesn't show? If so there might be rendering problem. In another topic of mine same problem and Sergey's answer (but I didn't fix this yet).

Sergey

You need to add javascript on after map radio click

google.maps.event.trigger(window.filtermapXX, 'resize');

Where XX is an ID of the GEO field. You need to rerender it when it become visible.

You have to do this for each geo field.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
02 Dec 2014 03:04

Even if name of fields are the same, you still cannot get all fields. Because those are in different section.

You can create custom view or component, that search through all sections, but there is sucha posibility built into Cobalt. Cobalt sections are isolated.