brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
29 Apr 2014 10:32

Hi All,

My site is very slow. This is happening due to Cobalt. Joomal is in general very fast, but all pages from cobalt are very very slow. The problem I have is each cobalt page size is too heavy around 1.5mb and this is the reason why it is very slow. My cobalt templates for listings and detail page are customised to my need, however my biggest threat at present is speed. I have no idea how can this be reduced to at least < 500kb. I can see a huge lists of js and css file on each cobalt page. The developer who is working on my site also said that cobalt is getting my site very slow.

Here is the url: http://sangifashions.com/arealtyconnectnewbackup/arealtyconnectnew/index.php/for-sale-listing For detail: http://sangifashions.com/arealtyconnectnewbackup/arealtyconnectnew/index.php/for-sale-listing/item/3-listing-by-agents/21-2-bedrooms-for-sale-200000

On the other hand, I tried to use most of the joomla plugins to speed my site, but they all failed.

These are the followings that may help reduce my page size: minifying HTML, CSS and JS compressing css, js and images

Does anybody know with respect to Cobalt, how can we achieve the above to make the site faster and especially make the page size very less.

Regards Biren

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Apr 2014 13:45
  1. Turn GZIP on in global Joomla configuration. This will shrink you output size almost x9 times.
  2. Short investigation shows that it takes 300ms to load page into browser. the bigest delay is the server response.
  3. Your page makes 858 requests to load. 78 of them are CSS files. 139 are javascript files. There is defenitely room for optimization
  4. Enable debug mode and publish debug plugin only for special. Create special account for me I'll look what it say in there.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
29 Apr 2014 21:54

First of all, I would care about the 25 errors in the browser console. There are misc issues on your example page... apart from many server requests and missing CSS/JS optimization. The amount is ridiculous large, IMHO.

BTW, the "Price" and "Beds" filter range does not work in advanced search area. In your right side module it looks o.k. Maybe an issue because of two displays on the same page?