degarrin VIP
Total posts: 33
07 Oct 2015 23:47

I am having a problem with the edit options dropdown menu on the front end. In some of my sections part of the box is being cropped. I have included a printscreen so you can see an example of the issue: drop_down_menu.JPG

When I look at it in Firebug, it seems to be linked to .dropdown-menu but nothing I change is affecting it, making me wonder if my template is overriding the change or if I am just not making the correct adjustment or in the right area. The ".dropdown-menu" class is probably fairly generic, yes? Would Cobalt have its own? We are on RocketTheme, and there have been a lot of Gantry updates lately.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You Angela Degarrin

Last Modified: 08 Oct 2015

Tags gantry5

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Oct 2015 01:10

Hello Angela, most likely a z-index issue or related to the theme's structure. Maybe an overflow property of the containers...
Can't give a real advice without knowing the template name/framework version. What do you use? Any Cobalt custom theme or modifications?

However, a CSS only solution should be possible...

PS: Can you re-create the effect in the free Afterburner2/Gantry4 ?

degarrin VIP
Total posts: 33
08 Oct 2015 21:36

Aw, sorry, guess it would help to know what I am using. I am actually on Gantry v5.1.5 and Callisto v1.1.2. I am definitely using some custom Cobalt themes, but default ones as well. I have gone through and checked them and it is not occurring consistently on any one specific theme, but only where the buttons get too close to the right side of the content grid. So I went into my main template's custom .scss file and added this:

div.pull-right.controls.nav-hover ul.dropdown-menu { position: relative !important; }

I think that has fixed it. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks! Angela