degarrin VIP
Total posts: 33
20 Jul 2015 15:31

Hello. I have been building some different sections, and in doing so have encountered an issued with the date layout. What I have done is change the date layout so that it should read MM/DD/YY. I have made this change in the Section - Record List Layout, Type - Full Article Layout, and Type - Comment. However, when I look at the any of the sections on the front, the date displays as DD/MM/YY. Here are some images: Cobalt_1

Cobalt_2

Cobalt_3

Cobalt_4

I am using JoomBoost for certain packs and that is where I first noticed the issue; the developer there is checking out the issue for me as well. However, I then used the Gallery Pack from Cobalt and had the same problem. I do not see any other places where the date needs to be changed. What am I missing? I do not see any errors when I search via Firebug, and I did try changing from my template back to the standard protostar to see if that had any effect, but no luck.

I can give someone access details to the site if needed, the pages the issue is on requires a login unfortunately.

Seems to be my week for issues.... :)

Thank You Angela

Last Modified: 31 Jul 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Jul 2015 19:23

You should change date format in template parameters. As for articles list template in section settings as for article full vew template parameters in type settings.

degarrin VIP
27 Jul 2015 01:19

Yes, thank you. But as I said in my original post, I did update the date in those places. My problem is that the layout I chose in the parameters is not the way it displays on the front.

I set the date layout as follows in the backend:

Section->General Parameter->Templates->Record List->Date Display as MM/DD/YY (example: 12/30/07)

Type->General Parameters->Templates->Full Article->Date Display as MM/DD/YY (example: 12/30/07)

Type->General Parameters->Templates->Comments->Date Display as MM/DD/YY (example: 12/30/07)

But when I look at the items in the frontend, the date displays as DD/MM/YY (example: 30/12/07). This happens for all of them.

Angela

Sergey
27 Jul 2015 05:58

Please show screenshot wheer you see those dates? Do you mean in field inputs?

degarrin VIP
27 Jul 2015 19:29

On the Joomla backend, when I set the Record List of a Section with this specific date setup: Section->General Parameter->Templates->Record List->Date Display as MM/DD/YY (example: 12/30/07)

record_list_date_backend.JPG

It will then show records on the front page of the section as this date format (DD/MM/YY) instead:

record_list_date_front.JPG

Then when I set the Full Article Layout with this specific date setup: Type->General Parameters->Templates->Full Article->Date Display as MM/DD/YY (example: 12/30/07)

type_full_record_backend.JPG

It will then show full article records as this date format (DD/MM/YY) instead:

full_record_date_frontend.JPG

And when I set the comments with this specific date setup: Type->General Parameters->Templates->Comments->Date Display as MM/DD/YY (example: 12/30/07)

comment_date_backend.JPG

It will then show the comments for the records as this date format (DD/MM/YY) instead:

comment_date_frontend.JPG

Other date formats do seem to work correctly, but this one (MM/DD/YY) does not.

degarrin VIP
27 Jul 2015 20:45

The developer at JoomBoost says that the date select is giving the wrong format in his packs and he will correct in his next version. And as I said originally, his packs are where I noticed the problem first but then I used your Gallery pack and had the problem there too. But maybe the problem with his packs affected the Gallery pack as well? I do not know. But I can just switch to a different date format for now and see if his next version fixes my issue.

Thank You! Angela

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
27 Jul 2015 21:59

Thanks Angela, confirmed! I checked the default list template, and it's simply a typo or confusion of the last 4 date parameters. Either the option value or the title has been interchanged...

Here is a screenshot of the template's date parameter:

mj_cob_templates_date_select_2wrong_values_titles

You may notice, that the date with "." delimiter is correct. But the last 2 pairs of date formats are wrong. Most likely this has been copied through all other default templates... and also by JoomBoost ;)

As a temp workaround, you could select the "wrong" format ;)
30/12/07 is going to display as MM/DD/YY.

degarrin VIP
28 Jul 2015 00:39

Thank you pepperstreet!

Sergey
31 Jul 2015 07:12

Yes, that was a bug. I fixed it. I'll upload new version today.