theweasel68
Total posts: 11
24 Jan 2013 03:25

Hi,

I am pretty excited about Cobalt and want to start working with it. However, before I am getting dissappointed on half way, I would like to get your opinion, if the concept I have, is actually doable with Cobalt? Here is a summary:

WHAT IS PLANNED?

I am planning an ordering system for people (BUYERS), interested in daily deals. The BUYERS can choose between several companies (SUPPLIERS) and therefore choose one “best deal of the day” from one of the SUPPLIERS. The selection can be done on a daily basis – or once a week for the whole upcoming week.

Basically, when the BUYER logs into the Website, he sees a simple week overview – 7 days, and for each day, there are several options, which he can click on. Only one option per day is allowed.

SUPPLIER:

• A supplier offers for example 1-3 different products every day, 7 days a week.

• There are 5 different suppliers.

BUYER:

• The system administrator chooses for example 3 out of 5 suppliers, which are shown to a buyer.

• The buyer can choose one product from one of the 3 suppliers each day.

NOTIFICATION TO SUPPLIER:

• Every Wednesday, each SUPPLIER gets an eMail with an overview of which BUYER did order which product the last week (or month).

• The SUPPLIER can also look up on every day, who already ordered what.

NOTIFICATION TO BUYER:

• Every Wednesday, each BUYER gets an eMail with an overview of what he has ordered.

**NOTIFICATION TO SUPER BUYER **(Buyer Group Administrator)

• There will be a SUPER BUYER (super user) defined, who is in charge for a group of BUYERS. The SUPER BUYER sees all orders of the BUYERS, who are related to the SUPER BUYER.

• The SUPER BUYER also gets an overview every Wednesday, what the BUYERS in his group have ordered.

Thanks for your opinion / tipps / hints / advices :)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Jan 2013 08:19

I feel like it would be great if you use Cobalt for such a good project and that we could implement a lot of new features if Cobalt is used. But unfortunately I think there is almost nothing of what you had mentioned.

So my answer even if it is possible with Cobalt it will require a lot of custom coding, special fields, and other things.

theweasel68
24 Jan 2013 08:27

Hi Sergey, for the beginning, it would be sufficient for me, if there is the form, where the BUYER can select one of several products per day. This is then collected in the backend and I would then summarize that and send that our "manually" to the SUPPLIER once a week Wouldnt that be possible at least?

Sergey
24 Jan 2013 08:34

Ok, you mean buyer buys or just mark or flag products? And buyer is limited how many product one can flag? Buyer select products of only one buyer? Limitation per supplier or from all suppliers?

theweasel68
24 Jan 2013 08:43

BUYER marks one product per day. There are several products available. BUYER can select only one. Every day, there are new products to select. BUYER can select for every day one product in advance.

The selection will be stored in the database.

Ideally, the selections for the whole week are then send to an eMail recipient once a week. Or the SUPPLIER looks it up on the frontend. Or I summarize it once a week, and send the weekly order by eMail to the SUPPLIER manually (for the beginning).

theweasel68
24 Jan 2013 16:19

Hi, is it possible to combine Cobalt with an eCommerce solution like HikaShop? This might give the solution...

Sergey
24 Jan 2013 23:04

Hmm, I do not think Cobalt is for you :) I apologise but the more I understand the farther is Cobalt.

You of course can combine it with Hikashop but that is a lot of custom coding. I mean so much that I even believe that completely new extension is the best solution. You may use hikashop or cobalt as article storage to make development quicker and cheaper but presentation should be done as new extension with new features build upon Cobalt or Hikashop.

theweasel68
25 Jan 2013 03:01

OK I see, what a pity. But thanks anyway for your quick help!

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
27 Jan 2013 12:39

Hello Alexander, sounds interesting...

A) Did you consider to buy and modify a "Groupon" clone script? There might be an existing solution, which could be modified and extended to suit your needs.

B) Custom development with Drupal CMS as a base system. You might have a look at Drupal developer community. Also have a look at Drupal Commerce. Publish your idea and requirement in their forum.

theweasel68
31 Jan 2013 02:33

Hi Pepperstreet, thanks for your hints. I saw the Groupon clone script but it is not interesting for me. My concept is somehow similar, but clearly differentiates from a daily auction site. Maybe I should have given a better description. Drupal - might be an option. Actually I prefer Joomla, but if it doesnt work out, my plan already was to digest into Drupal / Drupal Commerce further...