switchblade1984 VIP
Total posts: 132
14 Apr 2014 17:26

Hello, I was wondering if you would ever include a feature like this. For a set up where you allow registered users to edit records posted by other users (Of course changes that would require approval first) and have their User Name in the post under Edited By...? I feel this small feature intigrated in Cobalt wold help people make a community driven content site much more manageable and allow to easily see who contributes.

Last Modified: 17 Apr 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Apr 2014 06:38

There is already moderator manager wheer admin can set any registered user to allow to edit article.

But do you mean that one users may allow other users to edit their records. It is like every user may create moderator for his own records?

switchblade1984 VIP
Total posts: 132
15 Apr 2014 19:17

Yeah like any user can post a record and any registered user can edit any other registered user's post. I have it set up this way. The only thing missing is a way to display every user who edited this post and when In the same area it shows the User who created the post. Then you can show who all contributed to the document and maybe have options to show a certian amount in case of a lot of users edit it, maybe in that instance it can have a + sign at the end to reveal more if there are more. So like under "Created By" it can also display "Edited By" if useres choose to want to show this.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Apr 2014 21:11

switchblade1984 a way to display every user who edited this post

Maybe the Participants module is a beginning...

Unfortunately, it has a very rough logic that takes all article "hits" into account! Please, read my older topic which makes some suggestions for that module. IMHO, it needs to be improved and enhanced, because it is a commercial add-on. Hence the comments... and drop your opinion.

Thanks in adavnce!

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
15 Apr 2014 23:46

switchblade1984 So like under "Created By" it can also display "Edited By" if useres choose to want to show this.>

Yes, this is a must have feature in an intranet knowledgebase environment IMHO. Team members can contribute and improve eachothers articles and know who made the last edit.

pepperstreet Unfortunately, it has a very rough logic that takes all article "hits" into account! Please, read my older topic which makes some suggestions for that module. IMHO, it needs to be improved and enhanced, because it is a commercial add-on.>

I second that completely. The module in its current state is useless to me, unfortunately. It's a bit of non-information... Like pepperstreet mentioned in another post, a distinction between active and passive contributers is needed. Even if the module showed only the author name it would make it more usable. What about including Emerald. You could make a module that lists people who donated money for an article/cause. Which is something I need for my project btw. I would also like to see checkboxes next to each participant/contributer types, so you can select precisely the kind of results you want.

Sergey
16 Apr 2014 06:18

You can create edited by through audit log.

1. Enable audit log
  2. In custom template query it to find all users who edited this article.
  3. List those users.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
16 Apr 2014 16:19

Sergey You can create edited by through audit log.

:D I was about to ask for Audit-Log. I did not really use it, yet. Obviously it tracks and stores almost everything. But there is no Audit Log module ;-)

Sergey
17 Apr 2014 08:43

Yes, there is platy of space to move in regarding audit log.