klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
12 Feb 2014 05:54

Hi, some questions about invoicing...

Custom templates: - override or is it possible to copy template and select it? - how to add additional inputs (like email) to "Bill to" and to Configuration - Invoice in backend?

Printing: - can I as a admin user also print invocies from other users. I need that because I need to send those invoice to my accountant.

Email:

-can I add Invoice as an attachment in mail?

Regards

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Feb 2014 23:25

Custom templates.

You may use joomla layout overide. Create

templates/[template name]/html/com_emerald/eminvoice/default.php

And format it as you want. To get email of the user you may

echo JFactory::getUser($invoice->user_id)->get('email');

Printing

In sales, unfold additional info and click invoice button. In invoice window click Ctrl+P or Command+P Mac.

Email

No right now no.

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2014 01:18

In sales, unfold additional info and click invoice button.

A, that's new and great! Had 9.156 version before...

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Feb 2014 03:09

Email:

-can I add Invoice as an attachment in mail?

Good point. Users tend to be lazy.

PS: My experience is..., they also hate printing emails or screens etc. Somehow, they relate a "PDF" attachment as the only printable solution. Unfortunately, Joomla dropped the whole internal PDF creation stuff, right? The only solution is to include it in MintLibrary; utilize PhocaPDF; or online service).

Maybe sending and creating a beautiful HTML email invoice is an alternative?!

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2014 03:25

Agree with PDF's. I really don't know how hard it is to click a print button in browser :) But in my users will probablly print it since I don't confirm their subscriptions unless they pay it :).

But for pdf's I found this

Maybe sending and creating a beautiful HTML email invoice is an alternative?!

Maybe you could include template file of invoice in file that is sending mails or something?

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2014 03:39

echo JFactory::getUser($invoice->user_id)->get('email');

I meant for user to be able to insert their email in "Bill to" form.

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2014 03:51

And in backend Emerald - Configuration - Invoice there should also be IBAN and SWIFT.

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2014 04:29

In invoice window click Ctrl+P or Command+P Mac.

Better to add something like to your template. Many users still don't know how to print with keyboard shortcuts. But this solution also prints print button :)

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2014 04:49

@pepperstreet I found this service for creating online pdf's from browser http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/pdf-button. But the problem is only registered users can print their invoices and when this external service tries to connect to your site I guess it's treated as public.

Sergey
13 Feb 2014 22:15

But you can use it as it is already inserted into user profile.

And in backend Emerald - Configuration - Invoice there should also be IBAN and SWIFT.

For what reason? This is used when it was wire bank transfer. But no EBAN or SWIFT was used to make purchase. Thus you do not need to place it in your invoice.

It is usually included in bills to be paid. But invoice is already paid.

Better to add something like to your template.

Done.

klox7 VIP
14 Feb 2014 05:57

For what reason? This is used when it was wire bank transfer. But no EBAN or SWIFT was used to make purchase. Thus you do not need to place it in your invoice.

But in offline payment there can be wire transfer bank...

OK, I just tested it again and I see that invoice is generated only when I activate subscription. So then the best practise is to add all data (company name, account number, price,...) in subscription conformation mail?

Where I live we have this proccess...

1. someone can request my services and when I'm done I just send them invoice and they have limited time to pay it.

2. someone request my service and I send them some kind of pre-invoice, they pay it and then I send invoice.

Based on my question before, how can I first send pre-invoice? Or in conformation mail how can I include ID of sale.

Sergey
14 Feb 2014 06:52
  1. someone can request my services and when I'm done I just send them invoice and they have limited time to pay it.

We call it bill not invoice. You give them a bill to pay and after transaction, you can give an invoice. Bill is request for money and invoice is money received confirmation.

Based on my question before, how can I first send pre-invoice? Or in conformation mail how can I include ID of sale

You can generate them in Excel and send by emails. Or you want to automate this process? Then I believe this is needed only in offline payment plugin. I can add option to attach file to letter with instructions. That file may be bill or as you call it pre-invoice.

But in that case, user will have to print it and input his information to bill manually. because i do not know way to create file with inserted information.

What do you think?

klox7 VIP
15 Feb 2014 14:20

I thought bill and invoice was the same thing so I made up a word for bill:)

I like automatic proccess more than manual so yes, if you can make it automatic then thumbs up. And yes, this is strictly to offline payment.

I was thinking a little bit and got this idea. When user subscribes they already enter their information. So when user makes subscription you could add Bill button (like there is one for Invoice) to his subscriptions list. Now he can print Bill. When I get payment I activate his subscription and with this action the Bill button is gone and Invoice button appears. Bill number could be ID of subscription and Invoice number stays as it is.

What do you think?

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 08:37

Great idea for offline payment plugin. If payment offline and it is not activated we may create bill button to get printed version of receipt.

Can you make a picture how it should look approximately?

klox7 VIP
16 Feb 2014 14:21

Well, I would leave it the same as the invoice template is but just modified things like "Bill information" instead of "Invoice information". I included "Last payment date" but I think this is not neccessary because you can do that with custom template if you need it.

I would just make sure that that customers will know this is just Bill and not Invoice so it might be good to put some kind of "UNPAID" word with red letters on it (or BILL with red letters)...just a thought.

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 23:48

ok.