klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
14 Sep 2015 20:03

Hi,

I moved site from one server to another and for all my images (image field, gallery field) I'm getting "Can't find source file" message. I deleted cache and recreated thumbnails. But somehow files aren't created in cache folder. Folders are there but are empty. I still have original files in my uploads folder.

I moved site in the past and as I remember I never experienced this.

Regards

Last Modified: 21 Sep 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Sep 2015 05:34

It might be possible that source folder for images field images folder.

klox7 VIP
15 Sep 2015 06:26

In image field I have "Select image as a source" set up as "Upload" and then in "Specific subfolder" I have inserted folder. All folders exists. But what is "Show from subfolder" parameter. I don't remember this.

I also should said that I have 403 error in console.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
http://domain.com/cache/cobalt_thumbs/image/949/5c4dce9cec0b7fe7b2424fcfba094a80.jpg

Sergey
15 Sep 2015 07:06

klox7 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) http://domain.com/cache/cobalt_thumbs/image/949/5c4dce9cec0b7fe7b2424fcfba094a80.jpg

But is this file exists on the drive? Looks like htaccess or other server restrictions.

klox7 In image field I have "Select image as a source" set up as "Upload" and then in "Specific subfolder" I have inserted folder. All folders exists. But what is "Show from subfolder" parameter. I don't remember this.

So on the form you have dropwown with list of images? That should in in /images folder I think. Show in subfolder means that sho not only imaged in /images but in all its subfolders like /images/banners.

klox7 VIP
15 Sep 2015 07:57

Sergey

klox7 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) http://domain.com/cache/cobalt_thumbs/image/949/5c4dce9cec0b7fe7b2424fcfba094a80.jpg

But is this file exists on the drive? Looks like htaccess or other server restrictions.

No, there are no files in cache/cobalt_thumbs, just folders. I already changed htaccess but with no result. Regarding server restrictions I will ask my hosting.> Sergey

So on the form you have dropwown with list of images? That should in in /images folder I think. Show in subfolder means that sho not only imaged in /images but in all its subfolders like /images/banners.

No dropdown, I'm using upload method for adding images to records.

Sergey
16 Sep 2015 06:18

Make sure that folder cache is empty and set to 777. This is important. May be there are no permission to create foders and files. Also make sure all content of uploads folder is at list 644 or better 755.

I suppose you have all files in that uploads folder.

klox7 VIP
16 Sep 2015 11:55

I never had cache folder set to 777 and it worked. So I guess this is not the issue. Yes I have files in uploads folder. This has to be server related. I'm looking further fo solution.

jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
16 Sep 2015 13:25

777 ? guys be careful with security, 777 permissions should never be left on a server site.

klox7 VIP
17 Sep 2015 13:36

So guys did anybody else had this problem because it's starting to drive me mad? I changed htaccess file, deleted cache, cleared thumbnails, disabled possible plugins that might interfer, disabled mod_security,... but somehow Cobalt isn't generating thumbnail files in cache folder (there are no files). I have files in uploads folder. Other extension files are normally there.

Sergey
18 Sep 2015 05:29

Let's see this.

Open article with image in database manager and see fields column. Find link to image. Copy it and the try to access this link through browser directly.

If you do not see the picture then there is problem with originals.

If you see the picture then there are problems with permissions. Cobalt generate thumbnails through GD2 PHPH library. We cannot use Joomla's JFile and JFolder that work with FTP. So we need access to write files under PHP. Make it 777 at least for a few minuts to test.

Also make all files in your uploads folder 644 and reset owner to your FTP user. If you transfered files and extracted it using SSH under root, those files may belong to root.

klox7 VIP
21 Sep 2015 07:55

Originals are fine.

I changed permissions of cache folders and files to 777 and cleaned thumbnails and acctually images are now showing. I already did this when you suggested it the first time but then it didn't generate thumbnails (maybe htaccess issue).

After I changed all permissons back, so folders to 775, files to 664, deleted all cache and thumbnails and now even with this permissions thumbnails are generating.