klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
14 Sep 2014 09:12

Do you have to add moderators for change default status or does "Who is moderator" parameter apply even if user is not moderator but has access level selected in that parameter?

Last Modified: 26 Sep 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Sep 2014 09:35

No you do not have to be a moderator. YOu have to bee in selected access level group.

Sergey
25 Sep 2014 03:44

In Who can chose status you have only one status and only for special users.

klox7 VIP
25 Sep 2014 07:08

Yes because I don't want for user to change status. I just want that if record has Status1 and when user opens record it changes to Status2.

Sergey
26 Sep 2014 02:59

No one status is simple turn this status off. It should be at least super user. Otherwhise it is soncireded not used status. There are 6 of them in the field. What if user what to use only 3? Then he set no one to all statuses he do not use.

klox7 I just want that if record has Status1 and when user opens record it changes to Status2.

I do not understand the logic. If user have created article, then you can set status 2 immediately. Why you need user to go inside to change status. the othe case is moderators. If moderator opened article, then we inform user that case waht reviewed. Just like on this forum. If you buils something like case status, then you can add Open status by default and allow user to change this status. So if you open it is changed to reviewed. Then you close this for example, but user may change it to open again. Sort of reopen. Or may be reopen is a separate status.

klox7 VIP
26 Sep 2014 07:07

Sergey I do not understand the logic.

I will be publishing records and then clients can claim records as their own. This means they will be editing records. And if client is editing record I want to show special icon (status) "verified" so guests will know that this record is meintained by official person.

In most cases Status1 is assigned by me. When I change author of the record and when this author make first changes to record themselves then status is changed.

Sergey
26 Sep 2014 08:47

To me I would use bollead fied to mark article verified. And allow to edit this field only admins. And for clame I would use email field.