klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
02 Apr 2014 12:36

Hi,

I need advice on how to achieve best solution for this:

I need a section (water organisms) that will list all first categories (fish, plants,...). This categories must have records with different data, so I'm guessing every category will fall under it's own Type. Section must be accessible via menu.

Structure of links must be water-organisms/fish water-organisms/plants

How can I achieve this with one section? With multiple type under one section? If so what are cons of using multiple types in section?

Thanks

Last Modified: 03 Apr 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Apr 2014 06:17
  1. In every type set calegory limit only to category it is intendent to be submitted
  2. For easier submission when you create category, select type that is related to that category in parameters. This will allow to show only type that is allowed to be submitted in currently viewed category.
  3. Also you may disallow select category in type paramters. This wil preselect category where you click "Submit Here **"
  4. Of course if you want templates be different for every type, set separate template for each category.
  5. Sed Records mode to "Current category only" to avoid difefrent types get on one page. Although you may want that happen. But in this case you have to have one articles list template that display all article types correctly.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
03 Apr 2014 09:01

But I still must have one section with multiple types in Section-General parameters-Submit Type?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Apr 2014 12:05

klox7 But I still must have one section with multiple types in Section-General parameters-Submit Type?

Sure.