stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
23 Nov 2012 15:05

Is it possible to create a small freelance-work-style with Cobalt?

I believe the Forum pack would be the most appropiate for this.

I want to allow users to post a job request using a type. Then a registered user posts a reply using another type. The layout would be something like this forum. Main post and the answers below.

I could use something like comments, but comments don't allow to add fields like "price", "days to the task be concluded", etc.

Nothing with many features, just basic.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
23 Nov 2012 16:55

Yes, this is possible.

Look into the Relation field with a customized full article template (which displays the individual child records in the way you want it) to achieve this.

stblink VIP
24 Nov 2012 09:53

Hmmm thanks Sack!

I noticed that threw the screenshots on the relation field it's possible to attach a child, and it has it's own template different from the parent if we want it to be that way. That's great.

So i can create a type for submiting jobs, and another type for answering jobs.

This also works with categories? I mean, i can assign a type to a section... but i cannot assign a type for a category without the relation field.

Section - type1

-- categorie1 -> type1 + related child created using a different type

-- categorie2 -> type1 + different child created using a different type

Thanks

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
24 Nov 2012 20:33

If i understood your scenario correctly, you will create a SECTION (Jobs) with its categories like, Health care, Accounting, Construction, Information Technology etc.

Then you create a TYPE (Jobs) with its fields to describe the job and add a parent field (job comment) to it.

Create a SECTION (job reply) with an associated TYPE (job reply). The TYPE has the specific fields you described earlier and a child field (job).

When you have your job listing in the list view, a button (add comment) will display under the parent field (job comment). When you click the button it will create a record in TYPE (job reply) and you can configure it, that it will return to the job listing view.

Copy the existing article full template for TYPE (Jobs) and modify it, based on your requirements. You can display first all field information and then like the comments, list all the job replies ...

Even if it might sound "complicated", once you are on it, it is an easy straightforward procedure.

Good luck with your implementation. :D

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Nov 2012 00:20

Nothing else to add :)

stblink VIP
26 Nov 2012 18:59

Thanks! I will try!