stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
16 Nov 2012 15:46

Hi!

I've created a section -> 1 type -> 2 categories -> 4 records inside those two categories.

Frontend section shows all records, all ok.

When i go to the vcard of the record (blog template) i see the link to the categories in which the record was inserted.. all ok.

But when i press the category link, it leads me to a page with the message "There are no articles here. Be first who post here."

When on the backend, i go to records and then i press the category column of that record and it shows no record, only when i reset the category filter.

What am i doing wrong?

thanks

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
17 Nov 2012 00:31

First thing to check is, if you have the correct ITEMID in TYPE and SECTION parameters.

It should point to the same menuitem ...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Nov 2012 08:17

I have found error. Next update it will work. The problem is that total of categories was not saven in sections table. For immediate fix edit js_res_section table and into categories column insert at least 1.

Also some type category limit parameters may affect but that is no totally investigated. DO you use content type category restrictions?

stblink VIP
17 Nov 2012 08:54

1 - No category restrictions. Now i tried to edit type -> Category Limit -> Allow submit to selected categories -> Restrict to selected categories and subcategories -> added the two categories -> saved -> same problem

2 - The Type has "Allow section root submission" set to NO.

3 - Noticed a "bug" on relative categories. The 2 categories are nested so Category2 is inside Category1.

When pressing category2 on the backend, i added Category1 as relative category. Saved and all ok.

But now i remove that relative category, saved. It still shows as relative, so it creates relative categories but not delete them.

4 - I have set the categories column to 1 via phpmyadmin and it did not work.

5 - Both TYPE and SECTION have the same menu item id assigned.

6 - On search i have the category field and it's a autocomplete text. When i insert the first letter it shows the category duplicated. I believe it's retrieving the category name and it's alias. Is this normal?

Sergey
17 Nov 2012 09:23

I have checked and it is working. You only have to re-save your article. Just open and save.

stblink VIP
17 Nov 2012 09:36

Thanks!

Sorry i did not undestand that correctly.. on the backoffice edit the record and press save ? Actually none of the records were published that way.

Since i was the one who inserted the records i didn't edit them on the backend, just pressed "publish" on the records list in front of the record name.

So the normal procedure is to edit record, press save, then publish ?

Sergey
17 Nov 2012 09:41

On the frontend. Your records was saved wrong. It remembers category in record but not in DB structure. On frontend edit record and save. I did for first article and now it is in category when I click on category name.

You may publish or not that is not related. Just edit, and press Save & Close. Proceed to the next one.