stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
05 Nov 2012 20:30

Hi!

First of all, thanks for this great component.

I checked all the docs and could not find anything related to the admin getting notified of new records created on the frontend.

Could anyone please clarify if this is available ?

Thanks

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Nov 2012 22:28

Cobalt has notification system. On frontend just subscribe to section to receive notifications for new records. You will get red cycle with digit in it on the page. In addition you can configure cron to send emails.

please read this

stblink VIP
06 Nov 2012 12:32

Thank you! I see you don't have it configured on ur website since i did not receive any notification about ur answer. I understand that enabling it may send lots of e-mails and making the server slower but on the other hand it's more visits/views.

However for this issue it would be great to have a choice about adding e-mail batches. For example, allow the configuration to send 200 e-mails per batch... everytime the cron is activated it would send 200 e-mails only (even if there's 500 e-mails to send).

I'm saying this not to send 1000 e-mails in a batch which could lead some e-mail servers to block them.

It would be our choice to set the cron every 2/3/4 hours as we see the best choice.

Just one more question. About the types...

What are types? Is it just a "name" ?

For example, looking at a city view.

Section is the city, type is the street and record is the building ?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Nov 2012 13:05

For example, looking at a city view.

Section is the city, type is the street and record is the building ?

A content TYPE is the name of your specific fields collection. In other words, its the name of your submission type and form. Your form consists of one or more input fields.

e.g. you may create a real estate listing. You are going to list "houses". You would need a submission form with serveral fields, those fields describe your "house" i.e. ( amount of rooms, location, price, etc.).

stblink VIP
06 Nov 2012 13:10

Thanks for all the info!

And please consider the feature to set X e-mails sent per batch!

Sergey
06 Nov 2012 22:33

However for this issue it would be great to have a choice about adding e-mail batches. For example, allow the configuration to send 200 e-mails per batch... everytime the cron is activated it would send 200 e-mails only (even if there's 500 e-mails to send).

This will not work actually. If there are more emails than then your batch number, it will only grow queue. And finally it make no sense since you will have to send all emails anyway and total number of send emails will not be changed.

Another thing that those parameters are usually used in Joomla plugins which may work on every click. Then it make cense. Since we have cronjob we do not want it finish unless everything is done.

You can configure it buy frequency. For example if you set cron to run every 1 minut there may be only 20-30 letters ready. If send every 5 minuts then 200-500. But to me it makes no difference in tirs of productivity of the server either send 20 emails every minut or 200 every 10 minuts. It is just a matter of how quick you want your users be informed.

Sergey
06 Nov 2012 22:36

t would be our choice to set the cron every 2/3/4 hours as we see the best choice.

this will not work for immediate delivery. SO you have to setup cron at least 5 minuts interval.

t would be our choice to set the cron every 2/3/4 hours as we see the best choice.

I have wrote small article on what is CCK as we see it.