stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
19 Jul 2013 09:54

Just wanted to know some opinions regarding marketing strategies from users that have sites or create sites for clients.

I'm talking mostly about marketing communication, do you usually use newsletter, or more to social networking?

If newsletters, do u use ur own smtp servers, other smtp services like smtp2go or Feedburner? and if any, happy with any service?

I'm asking this because a few years back i made a mistake about buying an excel database, although it was cheap 3 weeks later we were already flagged as spammers. Lesson learned.

It's way easier to communicate threw facebook and twitter, we just need to post on the page and facebook takes care of the notifications. But it's a fact that facebook will dissappear within a few years and those who don't have e-mail subscriptions may loose the communication.

Any feedback would be apprecciated.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Jul 2013 01:11

I am planning to use twitter more. I think this is good way to announce new things. Also we advertise our newsfeed. This is place where we deliver all the news.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
22 Jul 2013 08:48

Well i agree, one thing i have noticed is that more Joomla software companies no longer have newsletter subscription, instead they use facebook and twitter.

I believe twitter is much more "lightweight" for the user, specially because of the char limit. It makes the company to be more objective on the message and the user does not need to read more then that.

But there's always the risk twitter will go the same way as facebook, specially with the latest privavy issues regarding Snowden. When that happens all the subscribers are gone.

Joomlapolis and Metamodpro websites already dropped newsletters.

Anyway thanks for the feedback Sergey!