stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
25 Jun 2013 15:26

Am i crazy or what?

Section CV has 2 types... i already inserted both types with several records.

Fields are searchable.

Fields and categories search are set to public in markup section template

But whatever i do... categories and fields don't show up.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Jun 2013 20:35

Just some thoughts to narrow down the issue:

• try to change the filter style to something different than "auto-complete"... save template parameters... any difference?
  • maybe an issue with saving template parameters? Try to make a copy of the markup template... choose and try this one instead.
  • not sure where template params are saved... maybe try to delete theme manually. Re-Save template parameters.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
25 Jun 2013 20:41

Am i crazy or what?

No, you are not ... here i dont have access to the category filter anymore .. but field filter are working

See here

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
26 Jun 2013 05:04

Problem is that you have 2 types. Fields filters shows only displayed one type, so first you must filter records one by type,than you'll see all filtered fields of this type.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Jun 2013 05:43

Before you filtered by type advanced search may show identical field. If both types has the same fields those will be in the search.

Another tip is to put types to different categories. And if you are in category one fileters on type one will be shown and same for type 2. Cobalt will understand that on this particular page only single type present and will show filters of that type.

Of course that will work if you did not set filter mode through all section.

But in any way main idea is this.

In multiple type sections you will always see filters of identical fields or filters of single type where potentially only one type could be listed.

stblink VIP
26 Jun 2013 09:03
- try to change the filter style to something different than "auto-complete"... save template parameters... any difference? 

Nope, did not work... this problem on this website is somehow related to the multi-type section search. (see image)

I believe this is a bug? although i changed the submit, it does not mean that already inserted types shouldn't be visible... even if not searchable.

But even breaking completely the website, i can at least see a field... but i believe i would have to delete all the records submitted into the type i removed from submit options for the website not break and see if it's ok?

BTW... i have 2 sites on localhost... this is one of them. The other one has 2 sections, 1 type per each section and the same thing happens... the only thing they have in common (besides Cobalt) is that it uses the same Template but i already changed it to protostar and i have the same problem.

So i believe this is not only "multi-type" related...

Sergey yesterday i supplied admin previliges on a website, that is the the last one i talked here (2 sections, 1 type per each section)

stblink VIP
26 Jun 2013 09:59

Ok i found out why the categories where not showing up... section filtering was "records mode". Changing to "records from whole section" shows up the categories.

The website was broken but when i unpublished all the records from Cursos type... it was ok again...

Now the situation is similar to what Sack said, no fields... "formação académica" is a parent field, the rest of the normal fields are not showing.

stblink VIP
26 Jun 2013 13:38

Well i'm tired of playing with options... nothing seems to work...

I went to the about section and saw that i had Cobalt V.8.22. On your download page Cobalt is V8.89... i installed it but on the about link it shows 8.231.. the install was successfull. I believe it must be a typo error

I tried with different browser, global check-in, purge cache, clean cache, changing options in section template... i published the filter module on the same page... and it shows only the categories, no fields.

stblink VIP
26 Jun 2013 15:12

aleluia i found out why they were not showing up...

cobalt settings were imported using packer. The setting on the original website was that none of the fields were searchable (the user can only insert records).

If i go to the type and ADD a new field, i put it as searchable and he shows up correctly.

But on this website, i already placed many fields as searchable and they continue not to show up... what is the reason for it? why they only appear in search if they are added from scratch ? I already ran the re-index tool without any success.

Sergey
27 Jun 2013 01:09

I wonder if you stil have that AFTER fatal PHP error?

If yes please make sure debug mode is on and error reporting maximum in Joomla config. And see if you will see any error. If not try to see page source (not in firebug but classic View Source way) and scroll to very botom. There have to be an error text.

stblink VIP
27 Jun 2013 08:50

If you refer the fatal php on the screenshot, then it's not really related. I found that the website was broken because i unpublished type Cursos which had a children field related to the CV type parent field. So the page was showing me records which had a parent field related to an unpublished type.

The problem is fixed... the problem is my fault and thank you all for your help. That's what i get for not seeing things the right way and working too many hours.

The problem was that i thought setting the field as searchable would be enough for it to show up... but only today i found out why. I was looking for the solution on Section/Type settings because none of the fields were showing up.... today i decided to check every single field for every single option and the Select fields for example had FILTERING GENERAL with ENABLE FILTER set to OFF and HIDE FILTER set to ON.

I thought this options were related somehow to "filter records by this field", stupid thought.

There is only thing i want to ask... there is a field that is not showing up on the advanced search which is the textarea field.

This field does not have FILTERING GENERAL options... is it because the text search already searchs inside it?

Sergey
27 Jun 2013 11:31

This field does not have FILTERING GENERAL options... is it because the text search already searchs inside it?

Only if you make it searchable in parameters. yes this is exact reason. To me ther is no sence to make another search field just for the field.

stblink VIP
27 Jun 2013 11:43

Thanks. Yes i agree