stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
17 Jun 2013 09:20

1 - Option "not user strict for" is not clear for me.. i've read the tooltip and although i understand what this field is for, i cannot understand what option should i select.

If i set this field to registered, it means that only the parent/child created by the author(registered) user (i have strict to current user) will be shown, correct?

2 - Please see screenshot of the parent field. I cannot see the Add new button and the popup only allows me to attach existing...

edit: Already found the "add new". I was looking for it on the submission form... but i guess it's not possible right?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jun 2013 07:31

1 - This is reverse parameter. If you set registered it means that registered users will see all records not narrowed by their IDs. In other words if you want users see only their records in suggestion you should set it to special. Then only special wil see all records and other users will be restricted by user.

but i guess it's not possible right?

yes you cannot add related record on submit form.

stblink VIP
18 Jun 2013 08:34

thanks

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
18 Jun 2013 09:00

yes you cannot add related record on submit form.

Does Cobalt or Joomla allow such "form in a form" logic? Recently i played with Drupal commerce and their related module called Inline Entity Form, which does provide this functionality. It shows a related type as complete form, during submission of the actual content.

stblink VIP
18 Jun 2013 09:39

This topic is related to this one

The parent-child field as i understand works this way...

With "add new" enabled.

1 - A user press "add new" on the full-record-view which leads to submit type, inserts and auto-approves. The user is redirected to parent after submission.

2 - User has to attach existing for it to be linked to his record, correct?

I think it's great that a user may create child and do not link to parent automatically, because he can create many children and only link when he sees need for it... but i believe that when adding child the option to attach existing could be available inside the children form.

I believe the actual method (create children and after attach it) is great for people that understand how it works... but for end-users most of them think that when adding child they will already be attached to it.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Jun 2013 07:53

When you click add new child or parent it will be created and attached automatically. it should and if does not it is a bug.

stblink VIP
19 Jun 2013 08:38

i see, thanks. I will check it!