stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
11 Jun 2013 15:12

Don't know if this is a bug or not.. so here it goes.

On the multilevelselect i copied the translation file en-GB.com_cobalt_field_multilevelselect.ini and changed the language inside and on the name of file.

I translated the file (and lang prefix on the name of the file) to 2 languages. Both are UTF-8 and there was a letter which was "ó" inside those files.

pt-PT.com_cobalt_field_multilevelselect.ini worked fine with the field... it was edited using notepad+

pt-BR.com_cobalt_field_multilevelselect.ini worked fine but the levels were not working... and then i realized that the coding used for both files were different.

pt-PT was UTF-8 without bom.

pt-BR was ANSI

I changed the pt-BR coding to UTF-8 without BOM and the levels are now working..

I believe it's not normal that a language file scrambles the field so just to let you know.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Jun 2013 01:21

No exactly sure what you mean. UTF-8 is the requirement for Joomla language files. And as I understand it works well this way. Why should we case that ANSII is not working?

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
12 Jun 2013 08:39

My problem is fixed... just reported that was not working along with the explanations so that the Code Gurus (Mintjoomla) could see if this is any kind of bug or a user error. If a user error.. please ignore :)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Jun 2013 10:11

I see :) unfortunately we even cannot do anything to prevent this behavior when user saves language fiels in ANSI. But thank you for report anyway. :)