stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
30 May 2013 10:08

What is exactly the Emerald/Cobalt workflow? (or what will be?)

I have 2 sections... when the user press add record he is asked to login/register.

After registration and login, how does it work?

What i wanted to do was something like this:

1 - register and login

2 - when press "add record" to be directed to Emerald subscription to choose the plan

3 - after choosing plan, to be directed to a joomla article that has links to each section so that he can choose.

It will possible?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 May 2013 18:20

Actually there is no workflow for C8 and current Emerald

because C8 is J!3+ and Emerald J!2.5

But seriously, I assume you are asking in general and for the next Emerald v9 release. AFAIK, its under development.

Your points 1-3 are the usual workflow. I guess, you have already seen the** flow-plan** on Emerald product description. Which gives a general idea, but not an insight on parameters and actual display.

1) yes, login/register is done through J!core and CB. i.e. you restrict submission in Cobalt type parameters,

and you are presented the login form/register link.

2) yes, if the user logged in on the previously displayed login form under 1) ... he is redirected to the plans page. Heads-Up: If you have an additional login module, you should set its re-direct URL for that module, too.

3) Each plan has re-direct parameter. After successful subscription, you can re-direct to any URL you want.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 May 2013 18:28

... you are presented the login form/register link.

@Sergey

The message is misleading/wrong. It should not have the same text as for logged-in users (see step2). Because the plans are NOT displayed, nor mentioned in the message.

Suggestions: - a separate message without "and have the following subscriptions" - or list all applicable plan names IN the message text. Possible? - logged-in with 2 "gg"

stblink VIP
31 May 2013 08:17

Thanks pepper, always helpfull :)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
31 May 2013 08:53

We wil not change anything in Emeralt 8. But Emerald 9 will have completely different experience.

stblink VIP
31 May 2013 09:01

Yes it's regarding E9 that i was talking about. Will wait for it. thanks