stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
17 Jan 2013 13:18

Hi!

To replicate the problem:

Create a Type with Title, category (i use smart category template), telephone field and text field. (i use more fields but i believe these are enough)

Text field is required! Telephone is not required!

1 - Acess the type on the frontend and press SAVE, it shows the error to insert title and select category. Everything is ok.

Fill title and select 1 category.

Now press the Save button and you will see that the error regarding the text field being required is duplicated.... 1 appears as system error message and the other is inside the form (this one is correct).

Also the telephone field if not filled, appears with the flag of british indian territory.

Legend:

1 - Duplicated Error message... the one in the drawer position should not appear.

2 - Flags show up even if field is empty.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Jan 2013 07:28

Now press the Save button and you will see that the error regarding the text field being required is duplicated.... 1 appears as system error message and the other is inside the form (this one is correct).

But if form is big it may be difficult to find error. So we highlight error fields with error too just so it would be easier discoverable. When you start input or correct it message goes away.

2 - Flags show up even if field is empty.

Cannot reproduce. It does not show any plug if you just open the form.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
20 Jan 2013 08:03

But if form is big it may be difficult to find error. So we highlight error fields with error too just so it would be easier discoverable. When you start input or correct it message goes away.

Yes i know and i agree.

The error near to the text field is correct. But the error showing as Joomla system message should not be there ? Or it has nothing to do with Cobalt and it's Joomlas fault ?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Jan 2013 23:51

This is list of all errors on the form.