stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
04 Jan 2013 15:41

Google map field displays ADRESS in Bold in the first line, how can i translate it?

How can i translate the labels Country, Adress 1, State and City ?

thanks

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

stblink VIP
05 Jan 2013 11:30

I'm using the latest Geomap field and C8 latest.

I noticed a few things more:

2 - Most options from the right side like require buttons and icon buttons don't save, they remain off even when i set it to on.

For example the google marker option saves... but Default map longtitude and latitude don't save

3 - When Initialize position is off, on the frontend it still shows the option "Market at my current location"

4 - There are some problems with geo location. Try to add this data into the geomap field and Google map webpage, you will get different results:

Geomap field

State: Lisboa

Adress: Estrada da luz

Then press Marker from adress button

On google map webpage searching for "Estrada da luz, Lisboa, Portugal" displays a different location (the correct one).

While the state field appears to be correct, the adress appears to display always the same location when pressing the "Marker from adress" button.

5 - If i place a marker in Brasil, then i select "Marker my current location" and it shows my location in Portugal. the field Country, state and adress don't change.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 Jan 2013 09:32

Just add language overrides in Joomla language manager

2 - Most options from the right side like require buttons and icon buttons don't save, they remain off even when i set it to on.

Try to save field few times

3 - When Initialize position is off, on the frontend it still shows the option "Market at my current location"

Initialise is off it means it will not automatically detect your position by IP address and adjust map and zoom to it.

4 - There are some problems with geo location. Try to add this data into the geomap field and Google map webpage, you will get different results:

That was because country is saved as country code now. I have fixed it.

5 - If i place a marker in Brasil, then i select "Marker my current location" and it shows my location in Portugal. the field Country, state and adress don't change.

You can only change address field by pressing button to fill address from position. That is on purpose. Because for example you entered address. Then you press position from marker. And position is not absolutely right. You will lose your inputed address1 line. That is not good. Or you drag marker but was not able to finish you dropped it. You can hold and drag again but address get messed up.

So there is no hard connection between address and map. Only though buttons when you need it.

stblink VIP
06 Jan 2013 20:19

Try to save field a few times? :O

Thanks!

Sergey
06 Jan 2013 20:49

Try to save field a few times? :O

I know this is funny. But it works in most of cases with geo field :)

stblink VIP
07 Jan 2013 07:18

But i believe i saved a few times actually. I will look it up later.

That was because country is saved as country code now. I have fixed it.

In the download section there is no update for 4 days to geomap field, so i believe you still haven't upload it ?

Sergey
07 Jan 2013 22:52

Yes we update every Thursday. But in pack everything it may be already included because I had to update it yesterday.

stblink VIP
09 Jan 2013 15:27

Anyway, i download again the geo field but has the same problem.

Pressing "adress from my location" displays the same location everytime (incorrect location)

"Marker from adress" the same.

"adress from marker" is correct.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
09 Jan 2013 15:37

To use the "Address from my location" feature, you have to allow the browser to share this information with google. If you denied it in the past and opted to remind this state, then the feature might not work.

See this article for an explanation of functionality:

My location

stblink VIP
09 Jan 2013 15:44

Thanks but.. when i press adress from my location, firefox pops out a message asking permission, which i allow.

Is it only me that has problems with the geo-map location not correctly assigning the marker to the correct entered adress from country,state,adress field ?

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
09 Jan 2013 16:08

Yes, it works (or not) "more or less" depending on the entries in Address1 field. :D

Maybe the MintJoomla developer can look over the parsing of the Address1 field to double check how it is turned over to the Google Map geocoding service.

It seems it is not working as smooth as it should.

stblink VIP
09 Jan 2013 18:05

Yes i agree.. what seems to be the problem is related with the adress field.

He finds the correct country, state and city, just the adress field is not correctly parsing when using find-my-location and marker-from-adress.

Sergey
10 Jan 2013 03:54

Thanks but.. when i press adress from my location, firefox pops out a message asking permission, which i allow.

Is it only me that has problems with the geo-map location not correctly assigning the marker to the correct entered adress from country,state,adress field ?

I am not clear. In frist sentence you talk about address from location in other assign marker from address?

Does marker at current location works?

Not that at lead no matter where marker is positioned there is no position yet. And address from my location os an address from map position. It does not detect location. It only takes current cursor position and convert into address.

Please wait today's update. May it will be fixed.

stblink VIP
10 Jan 2013 13:07

1 - **Marker at current location **

Does not work at adress level... it points out the correct country, state, city but the adress is always the same. (about 10 miles from my location)

2 - Adress from Marker

Works fine

3 - Marker from adress

Does not work. It positions the marker at the same location as in point 1. If adress field has data, it doesn't change.

Sergey
10 Jan 2013 22:47

1 - Marker at current location

Does not work at adress level... it points out the correct country, state, city but the adress is always the same. (about 10 miles from my location)

It detents you location based on browser javascript position object. It is not connected to address you enter. Browser tries to detect your location.

1 - Marker at current location

3 - Marker from adress

Does not work. It positions the marker at the same location as in point 1. If adress field has data, it doesn't change.

Try to place marker manually somewhere far away and then click marker from address. If it moves it works if not it doesn't.

stblink VIP
11 Jan 2013 12:35

3 - Come on... are you serious? If it moves it works? lol

Yes it moves... to the correct country, city and state, but it points out right into the middle of my city... if you tell me that the field adress is not included on the parsed data then theres no bug...

But isn't the adress field supposed to be parsed?

I checked again:

Pointed the marker to the middle of my city...

Filled city field with city more then 150 miles from me with an existent adress, state, city.

Pressed Marker from adress. It placed the marker on the correct city, state but not the adress... the marker appears on the middle of the city... which i believe it indicates that the adress field is not being parsed to Google maps.

stblink VIP
11 Jan 2013 14:26

If you go to Google maps and type Portugal, Lisboa it places the marker exactly where Geofield does even with the field adress filled.

This happens for case 1 and 3, the location is always the same.

Adress field is not beeing parsed for both cases, period.

Sergey
12 Jan 2013 11:17

May be because google cannot find this address. What happen if you plea a marker where you expect to be pleaced by google and click address from marker? Does it fill address line correctly?

stblink VIP
12 Jan 2013 12:59

Yes it does.. as i already mentioned that button works.. but that info is comming from Google...

Perhaps the problem is when it sends the info to Google (Marker from adress).

About the Find my location i don't really give importance to that, i know that my laptop doesn't have GPS so it's an ip-based location.

Please check the screenshot... I inserted that information and pressed MARKER FROM ADRESS and that's the result... as i already said... in Google Maps if i search for Portugal,Lisboa, Estrada da luz it shows the correct location.

stblink VIP
12 Jan 2013 13:45

Hmmm i just found the reason... it's a bug.. it works ok but it's a bit buggy.

As in the screenshot, you can see that the state field encoded Lisboa and it showed just below the field. I didn't press Lisboa... and the encode remains there until i press on it (which should dissapear as i change the focus to another field). As long as the encode is showing, the map does not update.

If i press on the encode... it disappears, then i press inside the state field, then press on the grey area and the map updates to the correct adress. If it doesn't update, press inside the field and grey area again.

The problem is somewhat related to the encode that shows under the field as we type, i believe.

The encode is only showing in my side in the state field but i believe it does affect all input fields.

stblink VIP
12 Jan 2013 14:23

I believe it's not the encode, although it's like it forces me to choose an option. I tried inserting another city, another state and another adress so that the encode would not show up. After inserting the data and pressing Marker from Adress the adress field is not parsed... however i press inside the state or city field, and then press the grey area the map updates...

Another thing... isn't it possible to disable the encode? I mean... why is the encode activated on the field adress ? The state and city i understand but the adress field shows already inserted adress in Cobalt records, it's ok that the user doesn't know what type of record was inserted correspondent to that adress but i don't believe it's correct to show encoded adresses like "estrada da luz 146 5th floor" to anyone...

It's also considered as a privacy issue... it's showing personal information inserted by other users.

thanks