30 Jan 2018 23:57

I run a site for a gym that has five locations. They run membership through the website so that we can offer members-only access to variou content. We're currently using another Joomla membership system that isn't working out great for us. I've played with the demo a bit and Emerald looks like a good option, but we have some specific needs that are probably easier to ask about than try to figure out before purchasing.

1. Each gym has a separate bank account and does its own billing for members. We need to have five separate Stripe plugins, and be able to select which plugin is used by each membership plan.
  2. Admins need the ability to assign user plans from the backend, ideally with prorated billing for the unused portion of an existing plan.
  3. All plans start with a fixed-duration introduction, after which they automatically roll to a monthly renewal package if the user doesn't cancel. We need the ability to automatically switch the user to the new recurring plan upon expiration of their introduction.
  4. Contracts run for a term based on the user's plan selection. For instance a 6-month contract is billed monthly at $120, a 12-month contract is billed monthly at $110. We'd like to have the ability to prevent the user from canceling during their contract, while still having the ability to set the plan not to auto-renew at the end of the contract period.
  5. We'd like the ability to automatically assign users to ACYMailing lists based on their plan selection and subscription status.
  6. Members should be able to upgrade to higher-level plans, but not downgrade. For instance, they can switch from a 6-month subscription to a 12-month, but not the other way around.

How many of these are doable with Emerald?

Last Modified: 12 Feb 2018

08 Feb 2018 00:37

Should I take the lack of response as an indication that this isn't possible?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Feb 2018 11:00

You need multiple vendor subscription extension.

Emerald is capable of that, but not quite ready. It is fully frontend extension, so with some ACL configuration we may allow other users to create plans and manage sales. All we need is the filter on every emerald admin page to show only items of the current user.

But right now, it is not available. > Guest

We need the ability to automatically switch the user to the new recurring plan upon expiration of their introduction.

this is not possible. i think not possible with any other extension too. You cannot enrole user to any recurring payment without him confirming.

The rest is possible.