25 Sep 2012 18:12

Hi,

At the moment have jmember running on joomla 1.5.9.

Can we upgrade to joomla 1.6 or 1.7, and at that point install Emerald which will then take over the existing jmember subs data and page protection automatically, provided that emerald's settings are set up properly?

And after that can we upgrade to joomla 2.5 without any problems, with Emerald on board.

Thanks.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Sep 2012 02:49

Absolutely. no problems to upgrade. Tables are the same in DB. You only need to install Emerald sql patch. That is it. Of course all user table and user IDs have to remain.

27 Sep 2012 02:11

Hi Sergey,

Now I'm really confused because I just received this email from your project manager:

Unfortunately, the update from Membership version for Joomla 1.5 to the emerald 1.6 or 2.5 is not possible.

Because the architecture of Joomla has changed and have been changes made to the database structure of these components.

at Joomla 2.5 should be install the component Emerald at zero

Regards,

Evgenia Vaghina

Project Manager

MightyExtensions

Sergey
27 Sep 2012 06:17

I mean, that we do not have automatically update or tools to automatically update from version 1.5 to 2.5

You can update,but it must be done manually, working with database tables

Try to upgrade Membership to the following scheme:

1) If you are upgrading Joomla and you have it is not empty, do the backup tables Member (jcs).

2) Then on Joomla 1.7 (2.5), install Emerald

3) remove the empty tables of jcs (emerald),

4) Set the Membership table from backup

5) Install the SQL patch

You have to change the category of plans, if there will be different id

Before do this, please, do not forget to do backup of all site

Sergey
27 Sep 2012 20:42

1) If you are upgrading Joomla and you have it is not empty, do the backup tables Member (jcs).

3) remove the empty tables of jcs (emerald),

Actually I think that when you install emerald over it will not delete tables. I mean there is not need to backup them before installation. I mean you always have to make backups before things like this but not matter of update process.

I would say the process is this

1) Update joomla from 1.5 to 2.5

2) Install Emerald over.

3) Delete com_jcs folders in components and administrator/components

That should be it.