13 Oct 2016 06:20

Hi, I would like to know if I can use Emerald with Easysocial to support a feature like Premium service on the linkedi.com website. Assume that registered members in Easysocial have populated their profiles with hidden data (not visible by default). Registered members who will subscribe to the premium service can access to these data. They can subscribe for free during a few days to experience this service and must pay if they're satisfied to make it continue. Please let me know if Emerald can suppport this feature and how I should administate it. Kind regards

Last Modified: 20 Oct 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Oct 2016 09:17

I think you can do that. But you will have to modify profile template. i mean Emerald can limit access to profile page as whole but if you want to hide only some fields, then you have to edit template. You just embrace places you want to hide in and that is it.

14 Oct 2016 12:29

Hi Sergey, Unless Im' wrong, my concern is different. During the registration in easysocial, I define which information will be visible to the registered members, which information will be hidden. Thanks to the premium service I want to manage with your component, I'm expecting to make these hidden data only visible to the registered members who subscribed to this service. Let me know if it's doable without modifying the current template.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Oct 2016 12:16

If there is Joomla core accesss level management then yes it is possible. because Emerald can attach user to special group upon success subscription.

If there is no ACL management for Easysocial, then you will have to modify template.