24 Sep 2016 16:52

Hello,

First let me say I LOVE EMERALD and I am new to it.

I wanted to make soms simple changes to the frontend text, for example, change Emerald Control Panel to simple Control Panel as to not confuse my client. When I edited the language file everything updated with "E" in front of it. the Emerald Control Panel now reads "ECPANEL"

How can I make some simple language changes?

Thank you,

Jason

Last Modified: 04 Oct 2016

questbrinn
Total posts: 4
24 Sep 2016 16:59

<Sorry this is me, didn't realize I was not logged in>

Hello,

First let me say I LOVE EMERALD and I am new to it.

I wanted to make soms simple changes to the frontend text, for example, change Emerald Control Panel to simple Control Panel as to not confuse my client. When I edited the language file everything updated with "E" in front of it. the Emerald Control Panel now reads "ECPANEL"

How can I make some simple language changes?

Thank you,

Jason

questbrinn
24 Sep 2016 17:25

In the documentation there is an area on the menu link to adjust this but it is not an option for emerald 9 that I can find.

questbrinn
27 Sep 2016 12:49

I don't understand why no one is responding to this? This seems like a simple enough question and the documentation is not correct on the issue. I love Emerald and was really excited about joining this community but this seems really unresponsive???

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Sep 2016 22:42

Most probably you have damadged language file. For example you added ; at the end or forgot to end with quote ".

I would recoment use language overrides in Joomla language manager for search text you want to change and create alternative. This method also will protect you from losing changes on every Emerald update.

questbrinn
30 Sep 2016 04:03

Thank you Sergey. I am pretty sure I was careful but I will try again. Also the override didn't seem to take effect.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Oct 2016 03:55

Give me access credentials in private comment and tell what exact string you want to change.