23 Aug 2016 21:18

Hi I have an issue where I need to have a plan signed up to with a 100% discount then after a year revert to the normal payment. When I apply 100% discount Emerald goes straight to FREE sign up and goes straight to the divert and not to paypal? Can anyone give some guidance here. Paypals own site scripts allow for a zero sign up?

Last Modified: 30 Aug 2016

StudioM
Total posts: 11
24 Aug 2016 10:22

Not sure if I explained this well enough. So - when I have a 100% discount on the first sign up this message appears to the user:

This plan turns out to be free including all discounts. Do you want to activate this plan now?

This then diverts to the URL link which should appear after the paypal payment. So paypal does not receive the sign up.

We want to have a free for one year and then a rolling payment thereafter - Can anyone please give some advice. Thank you

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Aug 2016 16:22

I see. This is not how it works with PayPal. This will only work if you have at least something for first period. If first period is free Emerald will allow to activate it without any payment gateway.

StudioM
24 Aug 2016 16:51

Hi Sergey, OK - I thought that was the issue. So Paypall doesn't accept a zero sign up? My client is under the impression they can??

StudioM
24 Aug 2016 17:08

Paypal offer developers a HTML button creator (see copy below). I think this is what the client is referring to. I expect you know about this. So there is no workaround for this in Emerald? If the user signs up as it is will emerald request the subs the following year at the non discounted price or are we stuck?

Offer a trial period

(Optional) You can offer subscribers a free or discounted trial period. The trial period can differ in duration from that of the regular billing cycle.

I want to offer a trial period

Provides a free or discounted trial period.

Click to enable and configure the following options:

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Aug 2016 15:07

StudioM Hi Sergey, OK - I thought that was the issue. So Paypall doesn't accept a zero sign up? My client is under the impression they can??

PP does support $0 singup. But Emerald works with many different payment systems. So it made universal. It is hard to detect exeption like this. If there is paypal gateway and recurring is on for this plan then 0 price doe snot let you sign up without paypal, but only if you want that because some pople may like it as it works right now.

Also Emerald cannot change trial period to different length. For example one week for free and then $10 monthly.

What I want to say that if Emerald would be developed to be used with PayPal and for PayPal, then all those features woufl be there. Since we have universla payment gateway interface some of features of different gateways might get lost.

So wat can we do? Tell me first, is your trial period is the same length as normal?