21 Aug 2016 09:17

error

Hi, I have installed Emerald and its working but none of the fields are showing text correctly. I am guessing this might be a CSS issue but I am not experienced enough to know what to do about it. I hope you can help. Thank you.

Last Modified: 25 Aug 2016

Tags gantry5

StudioM
Total posts: 11
23 Aug 2016 10:00

Could someone please help with this issue. I can see other topics are being addressed.

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
23 Aug 2016 23:29

Hi Studio M,

Welcome aboard. It is most likely a css issue.

1. Switch your template to Protostar and check if the problem still persists.
  2. Select in Emerald 'Configuration > View layout prefix' the correct template engine or set it to Default.
  3. Use your browser's 'Inspect element' functionality or install Firebug to select a 'faulty' element and correct the css.
  4. Copy the corrected css into your template's style sheet

What template are you using?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Aug 2016 23:53

Hello StudioM, just had a quick look and was able to guess the admin credentials ;) (I can't see full login credentials as moderator)

The GANTRY5 framework seems to generate 2 ...joomla.css files, which have styles for input fields. Their padding is set to 0.3xx rem's. This is very special. REM's might need a valid base value to show up correctly. If I set it to 1.0 temporarily I could see a positive effect. But I am not sure if this is the real culprit. I guess, GANTRY devs have thought about these values carefully ;) For the time being I would not change or modify it.

So I had a second look. I noticed in addition to the core bootstrap.css there is a 2nd bootstrap-gantry.css file loaded.
I have disabled the Cobalt compatibility setting in global config. Now you have only 1 bootstrap css file loaded.

gantry5_emerald_config_compat_off

As far as I can see, it works now!

gantry5_emerald_frontend_ok

BTW, is there any GANTRY5 setting to control bootstrap.css loading ?! Could not find any parameter, nor related docs.

StudioM
24 Aug 2016 09:58

Hi Pepperstreet, thank you for your input and the great fix. I suspected it was CSS but I am not an expert so your input is really appreciated!

Thank you also Jeff for responding.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Aug 2016 16:23

Solved?

StudioM
24 Aug 2016 16:48

Yes - sorry Sergey where is the closed option for a topic?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Aug 2016 02:37

StudioM Yes - sorry Sergey where is the closed option for a topic?

NP. You can change status with a simple click.
mintjoomla_forum_topic_status_dropdown_popup

Probably it does not work for you, because your initial post was made as "guest" ;)
So I have changed it for you.