05 Feb 2014 22:30

Hey Sergey,

if a user is subscribed, the plan limits him to one download, in one day and checked by Unique URL.

The user downloads his file and his subscription expires due to his limit being reached (this might also happen by time expiry as well, not sure).

The user now subscribes again, using the same plan (one file, in one day)

I have found that previous plans URL History is not cleared or disabled, which means he can now download a new/different file (which will make him reach his limit) BUT he can still download the same file again and again, PLUS the file from the previous subscription, even after his subscription has expired.

Is this by design? or an oversight?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Feb 2014 23:03

Is this by design? or an oversight?

It is oversite with will be fixed in update today.

06 Feb 2014 00:04

Thank you, wasn't a complaint, just being sure I understood how Emerald worked internally, I was getting very confused with the restrictions that I had in place but seemed to be working in some very odd ways until I figured out it was due to the URL history LOL

Thank you for all your time, responses and updates, really do appreciate it and am very pleased with Emerald on the whole, congratulations on a very clever and well designed component.

Sergey
06 Feb 2014 01:23

Thank you for all your time,

Thank you for your time to investigate and find this hard to discover issue.

Thank you for all your time,

congratulations on a very clever and well designed component.

Thank you. I was working on it for 8 years now. So it is well polished in terms of idea how it should work.

BTW. it is already updates and you can download latest version where URLs have to be deleted after subscription expires.

06 Feb 2014 13:48

still testing, but seems to be all fixed up now, thanks again.

Sergey
06 Feb 2014 22:35

You are welcome. Just tell what else you need.