16 Jan 2014 11:58

Hi,

Is it possible to purchase more than one subscription at a time with Emerald? Eg. I have 10 different sections/categories in Joomla and I want users to choose between all of these and purchase the sections they would need, then Emerald will add the price per section and open up for these?

I hope you know what I mean otherwise please ask me :)

Thanks

Michael

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Jan 2014 00:16

It is not possible to do with Emerald how it is. I mean user can purchase only one subscription at a time.

But you can do that with Hikashop integration. You can connect plans with Hikashop products and when people purchase products they get plans. And they can purchase few products at the same time.

18 Jan 2014 12:16

Thanks Sergey.

I will have a look at Hikashop.

But just to be clear: I should create 1 product per section and then connect this product to Emerald. So if users will buy access to 4 sections they will choose these sections in Hikashop and then Emerald will control the access?

/Michael

Sergey
19 Jan 2014 22:32

1 product per section

Did you mean one product per plan?

You connect subscription plans with products from plan side. That means that few plans may use the same product. That means you can create Product per plan, Plans set products or any other combination.

20 Jan 2014 13:43

No, I dont think it should be one product per plan. I need a flexible solution, here is example:

A users want access to 3 random sections among 8 sections in total. He chooses the sections and goes to checkout and after paying he can access these 3 sections.

I do not want different plans, as this will get me 8x8=64 different plans. I just want one extension that can open up for the sections the user chooses.

Hope you get my drift :)

Thanks

Sergey
20 Jan 2014 23:18

Sounds simple.

I think Emerald can do that.

What is extension with sections? Core Joomla articles or Cobalt?

21 Jan 2014 12:49

Sounds great. and yes it is actually quite simpel. I am using core Joomla sections/categories.

Is there a way I can test this setup? Maybe a trail version of Emerald I can download and test it together with Hikashop?

Sergey
22 Jan 2014 01:36

There is demo server.

But unfortunately it does not have Hikashop. But you may check hikashop separately. Just keep in mind that you will be able to make so that when hikashop product is purchased, corresponded subscription plan is assigned.