05 Nov 2013 16:58

What's the difference between the Emerald 9's innate PayPal payment method and the separate PayPal Payment Gateway?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Nov 2013 22:41

Emerald 9 payment gateway is not a Joomla plugin. We have more control over how it is executed. And it is much more simplier. We make all heavy lifting in Emerald and use plugin only for specific events when send to gateway and receive notification. After refurbishing Emerald 8 payment gateways lost from 20% to 50% or code.

This makes us easier to integrate new gateways on demand. It makes code more readable for other developers.

What is "separate PayPal Payment Gateway"?

06 Nov 2013 10:02

http://www.mintjoomla.com/downloads/item/25-payment-gateways/92-emerald-payment-gateway-paypal.html

The PayPal Gateway listed in the Payment Gateways download section.

Wanting to make sure I don't need to spend the extra $25.00 if the core program has the functionality needed to process payments.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Nov 2013 11:17

Wanting to make sure I don't need to spend the extra $25.00 if the core program has the functionality needed to process payments.

"Payment gateways... are not included (except Offline gateway, and default universal restriction rule) and have to be purchased separately."

So, you have to spend the extra money. ;-)

Only Offline-Payment is included!

06 Nov 2013 15:11

Thanks. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend...