06 Oct 2013 01:57

When testing the demo site (and having installed it on my site to test) Emerald lets me select a plan, but then requires me to login, to purchase the plan.

http://demo.mintjoomla.com/en/become-a-member.html?view=list& ;sid=5

This makes little sense to me, for a new user to my site. I dont want a 2 step registration process.. Is this able to changed in the settings (and if so where), or is it how Emerald works?

Thanks,

Pete

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Oct 2013 05:02

Emerald description page say it all

http://www.mintjoomla.com/joomla-components/emerald.html

Look for "Why there is no subscription during registration?" at very bottom. it is long discussed issue and we decided not to embed registration process into emerald. Because this is desired behaviour in most of the cases.

08 Oct 2013 09:15

Hi Sergey,

I understand, ...and yet we would probably have bought and be using Emerald on 3 websites we are building at the moment where we are using cobalt quite extensively, but becuase this feature is missing, cannot - user registration needs to be a seamless part of the subscription process.

I have purchased and tried AEC, AkeebaSubs and CBsubs and they all perform this function.

Can I strongly suggest you re-think this strategy - maybe make it an optional plugin.. I think you will find Emerald will become much more popular in time, regardless of your suggestion that most systems drip feed and such - this is not the case with any of our customers and many of the customers who use the other products - its core to how they all work..

I am currently going to use AkeebaSubs which is the simplest and yet most easily customisable setup of the 3 solutions I mentioned. CBsubs was overly expensive, and seemed overly engineered, AEC was complex and the interface very challenging (I bought both) and while they have all the bells and whistles they were quite difficult to setup exactly as we wanted without feeling a little like we were never going to be able to replicate the setup! Looks like the free one is winning at the moment.

All the best,

Pete

Sergey
09 Oct 2013 00:34

There is a way to simulate 2 step registration with Emerald. In system plugin there is require subscription parameter (if it is not there then it will be after update on Thursday). If you turn it on, after registration and login, user will be immediately redirected to subscription page and will not be able to open and other page on website untill subscription is complete.

For this you need set user auto-login and activation without email approvement.

And thank you for this post. This is important and perhaps we will implement something like this.

30 Jan 2014 08:05

Did you also know... Nomather what the outcome of the payment is...

Successfull of failed... You always get this meesage returing to the site:

Your subscription created and activated successfully!

Sergey
31 Jan 2014 00:49

Correct. Silly me. I hade = instead of == for activation check. Fixed in upcoming release today.