13 Aug 2012 01:34

Could you please tell me How do community builder 1.8 and Cobalt 7 function together?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Aug 2012 07:23

They can be installed on the same site. So far not problems has been reported. The integration is planned to be reased with Cobalt 8. The date of this release is unknown.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Aug 2012 08:43

Regarding the Author and Avatar integration... we had this comprofiler.php in ME Resources. Is it easy to convert and use it? Or does Cobalt needs a totally different approach?

BTW, is it an option to utilize the CB Author bot? Currently it works on J! content. Could it be converted or extended to run on Cobalt articles and lists?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Aug 2012 09:01

Regarding the Author and Avatar integration... we had this comprofiler.php in ME Resources. Is it easy to convert and use it? Or does Cobalt needs a totally different approach?

Regarding avatars and names with link to profile it is ok. But Cobalt will have to integrate activity as well. And user content in the profile. And perhaps even jomSocial groups support.

BTW, is it an option to utilize the CB Author bot? Currently it works on J! content. Could it be converted or extended to run on Cobalt articles and lists?

I do not think it will work. But why not to try :)