20 Jul 2012 06:22

I edited a field from a certain type. I returned to my computer after some time and went on editing the field (gallery in that case). But in the meantime my Joomla user session had expired so it logged out when I clicked on "Save". I logged in again and was redirected to the editing of the field. I clicked "Save" again and then I was shown the type view and the edited field was gone (completely!) together with an error message I don't quite remember. Something like "No Status field type selected" or something like that.

Turns out the gallery field is lost... it's no longer displayed in the related type. The pictures are still there but without their original names they are totally useless to me. Something like that MUST NOT happen :((

Any way to restore it? Got a daily database backup running.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Jul 2012 06:37

Probably problem is the type_id. Open you DB and see is gallery field have type_id. If not set it manually.

In the mean time I'll try fix this problem.

20 Jul 2012 07:11

Worked, that was the problem. Thought it had erased the DB entry. Thank you :)

28 Aug 2012 16:56

Recently had the problem with Date & Time field. I could track the problem:

I openend tabs with the fields from several types. Now I edited and saved the Date&Time fields in a random order. All fields were now assigned to the type in the tab I had opened last. There is the bug. With the same bug I could reassign all fields to their right types.

Hope that helps to fix the bug.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
28 Aug 2012 20:25

Fixed next update.