17 Jul 2012 11:00

Right now, when you want to download all images from one record with "Gallery"-field, you have to do it one by one. That can really be a pain in the ass when there are many pictures. It would be great to have a button "Download all" where a zip-file (named after the record title) could be downloaded that contains all (correctly named) images.

There are some gallery-components out there, who support this feature (the call it Lightbox). May be there you can get some "code inspiration". Because I think it is not that easy to code.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Jul 2012 21:59

In fact it is very possible. If you delete file ID from download URL you will get all files in one pack. It is some sort of Cobalt hidden power :)

Next version of the cobalt will have all fields updated. All fields will have own templates. And you will be able to add this link to any field that uploads files.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
18 Jul 2012 00:34

Next version of the cobalt will have all fields updated. All fields will have own templates

Next build or Cobalt 8?

18 Jul 2012 03:55

Works for me me. But sadly the files have not their original names. So useless for me :(

Sergey
18 Jul 2012 05:45

Next build or Cobalt 8?

Unfortunately this version. Although we wanted it to be released only for Cobalt 8, we have to do it for Cobalt 7 first. Otherwise old fields will not work on Cobalt 8 beta and we will have to release fields for Cobalt 8 beta separately. But we want Cobalt 8 to be as update and all fields continue to work with their latest versions.

What i mean if we do not release this feature with Cobalt 7 it will double our download section when we release Cobalt 8.

Next build or Cobalt 8?

Works for me me. But sadly the files have not their original names. So useless for me

Files are packed with their original names

18 Jul 2012 17:00

Files are packed with their original names

Not if I use the trick with deleting the file id from the URL. Then they have the long, cryptic names given by Cobalt.

Sergey
18 Jul 2012 19:38

Then I'll fix it next update.

Sergey
18 Jul 2012 19:46

Done.

20 Jul 2012 05:40

Thank you, very appreciated :)