16 Jul 2012 16:19

Hello,

Is is possible to give users opportunity to upload images on article submission using regular image field?

I mean, a button like "image upload"..without browsing to joomla upload folders, seeing other uploaded images etc.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
16 Jul 2012 17:36

Dave,

the "Image" field has 2 modes to upload pictures.

1) Initial Directory

which gives you access to a directory on the server where you files are stored, or

2) Core Joomla Media Manager

where you can upload your images through the Media Manager. The latest version even supports multiple uploads.Using the Media manager, you will always start at the "images" directory, except you change the path in Joomla backend -> Media Manager -> Options to another path.

This is how this field works.

If you want more control over the upload process (thumbnail generation etc) and the presentation of your pictures, i would suggest to use the "Gallery" field.

If it is just the uploading which is important to you, then you might look into the "Uploads" field.

17 Jul 2012 10:07

And one more question about image field: is it possible to show resized image with link to original image in lightbox in record full view?

19 Jul 2012 07:39

Unfortunately this is not possible yet display the image with link to original image in full view in the field image. In full view display a picture of a size you specify in the settings field.

28 Apr 2013 12:22

This image field is far away from users's needs !

Cobalt, as was Resources, is a CKK wich permit users to create their content by submission on frontend and this image fields do not permit users to upload their image, it just permit administrator to put image in a folder where users can choose one, not his image but only one he can choose ! it's a fake !!

This been done for Cobalt users buying the field gallery wich is expensive (30$) for users who don't need gallery field but just need to their site's users to upload only one image...I can pay 10 or 12 $ for an image field, but I'll never pay 30 $ !