15 Jul 2012 20:14

With the record-related context menu moderators of records can "Edit, Delete, Archive, Hide, etc." ... I want to limit these options without taking moderation rights from the usergroup. Is there any way to hide these entries?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
15 Jul 2012 22:24

Sven,

not sure if i understood the question correctly, but if you want to display only specific options in the article context menu, then enable/disable them in the moderator configuration.

If you dont want some options to be displayed, but at the same time active in the moderator control panel, it would only make sense, if you create your own context menu or other menu variations, since the user will not have a chance to proceed with it, if you dont display it.

16 Jul 2012 05:36

You understood me correctly. That will do the trick. But where can I find the settings for this? Looked through all the Cobalt 7 menus.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
16 Jul 2012 05:45

Sven,

first set TYPE parameter setting for "Who can moderate" to something appropriate.

Then log in as a user with rights to set moderators. Maybe the best would be an Super admin account. Then you will find the menu options for the moderator control settings und "My Menu".

From there you can select the individual users and apply the rights to them.

16 Jul 2012 05:53

Okay, thank you. I couldn't see the "Moderators" link in the option menu although I was logged in as Super Admin. Turned out I hat set another Global moderator and only he could set this.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Jul 2012 07:14

There is also menu type element in cobalt. When you create link in Joomla meny there is Moderator Manager menu type under Cobalt group.